To be eligible for admission to the M.A. in Christian apologetics, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Grade point average equivalent to a 3.0 “B” average or higher. (Applicants with a lower GPA can still apply, and are considered on a case by case basis).
- Be an evangelical believer, and be in agreement with Biola University’s Doctrinal Statement
- GRE is not required
For international students, please see the international students admissions information page.
Steps to Apply
- Create a username and password when you apply. You will receive a personalized identification number to guarantee confidentiality.
- You do not have to complete the application in one sitting. You can complete a portion and finish at a later time. Your information will be saved.
- Track your application status at any time by going tohere.
The M.A. in Christian apologetics admits students for the fall and spring semesters. A completed application includes both references and all transcripts. All applications received by the application deadline are guaranteed to be reviewed by our admissions committee.
We will do our best to review applications that are submitted after the deadline, but in order to guarantee academic advising, we recommend applying by the deadlines below:
See the following guidelines to help you through our admissions process:
- All applicants must pay a $65 (non-refundable) application fee. Pay online through the application form, or submit a check payable to Biola University.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If enrolled at the time application is filed, be sure to request transcripts of work finished to date and final transcripts upon completion of your course of study. Transcripts must be official, that is, mailed directly from your college or university in a sealed envelope or sent electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment. Send to:
Biola University Office of Graduate Admissions
13800 Biola Avenue, La Mirada, CA 90638
Final approval for admission is contingent on receiving an official transcript.
- Submit Pastor and Character Recommendations. The Pastor Recommendation must be submitted by a pastor on staff at your current church.
- 2016/2017 Academic Year Tuition Rate: $575 per unit. Tuition payment is due at the time of enrollment. Students pay tuition for the units for which they are enrolled that semester.
- Department Scholarship Opportunity: New students are eligible to apply for the Acts 17 Department Scholarship, which is a 1-year, $1000 academic scholarship. New Students awarded this scholarship will receive $500 their first semester and $500 their second. The scholarship parameters and application are available here and any new applicant can apply.
- Payment Plans: All students can take advantage of Biola's payment plan options which can be viewed here.
- Federal Assistance: We recommend that all U.S. Citizens complete FAFSA to see what financial aid they are eligible for. If you are planning to apply for financial aid, please submit your M.A. application as early as possible and begin working on your FAFSA.