To be eligible for admission to the M.A. in Christian apologetics, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Grade point average equivalent to a 3.0 “B” average or higher. (Applicants with a lower GPA can still apply, and are considered on a case by case basis).
- Be an evangelical believer, and be in agreement with Biola University’s Doctrinal Statement
- GRE is not required
For international students, please see the international students admissions information page.
Steps to Apply
- Create a username and password when you apply. You will receive a personalized identification number to guarantee confidentiality.
- You do not have to complete the application in one sitting. You can complete a portion and finish at a later time. Your information will be saved.
- Track your application status at any time by going here.
The M.A. in Christian apologetics admits students for the fall, spring and summer semesters. A completed application includes both references and all transcripts. All applications received by the application deadline are guaranteed to be reviewed by our admissions committee.
We will do our best to review applications that are submitted after the deadline, but in order to guarantee academic advising, we recommend applying by the deadlines below:
- General Application Deadline: July 1
- International Student Deadline: June 1
- General Application Deadline: November 1
- International Student Deadline: November 1
- General Application Deadline: April 1
See the following guidelines to help you through our admissions process:
- All applicants must pay a $65 (non-refundable) application fee. Pay online through the application form, or submit a check payable to Biola University.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If enrolled at the time application is filed, be sure to request transcripts of work finished to date and final transcripts upon completion of your course of study. Transcripts must be official, that is, mailed directly from your college or university in a sealed envelope or sent electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment. Send to:
Biola University Office of Graduate Admissions
13800 Biola Avenue, La Mirada, CA 90638
Final approval for admission is contingent on receiving an official transcript.
- Submit Pastor and Character Recommendations. The Pastor Recommendation must be submitted by a pastor on staff at your current church.