To our Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 Graduates:
We pray that you have been doing well during this time. You have long awaited news about Biola’s plans for the rescheduled Spring 2020 and the upcoming Fall 2020 Commencement Ceremony.
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting a dynamic drive-thru ceremony experience for you and your family on campus in December. This will allow us to adhere to county health and safety protocols and provide a special commencement experience for our 2020 graduates. The University Events team is in the process of finalizing the specifics for the ceremony.
We wanted to share the exciting news even if we don’t have all the final details. More details will be shared with you, so be on the lookout for emails that will provide you with everything you will need to know about the ceremony.
In order to participate in the upcoming ceremony, you will need to be approved to graduate. If you have not done so already, please connect with your graduation counselor to confirm your graduation status.
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Please know that we are striving to provide you with the best possible and unforgettable ceremony.
Please continue to check our website and reach out to our team with any questions or concerns. May God continue to bless you during these uncertain times.
We recognize this has been a challenging season for our graduating students. Even though the new ceremony format we announced last week is not what you expected for your graduation, we want to celebrate you in-person in this unique way during your graduation year of 2020. We acknowledge that Commencement is a special occasion and we want to celebrate this significant accomplishment in your life.
As promised in our previous email, we wanted to share more details about the Commencement experience.
- The drive-thru ceremony will take place Thursday, December 10, Friday, December 11 and Saturday, December 12.
- The ceremony will be organized by schools with a specific designated time for each school to eliminate crowding, per Los Angeles County guidelines. The dates and times for each school will be announced on Friday, Nov. 6.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed so those who cannot attend will be able to watch and share in the festivities.
We are excited about the opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments during this season; however, we understand that you may not want to participate in this experience. Our graduates are welcome to choose the option to wait until May 2021, but due to the unknowns around local health guidelines, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to have an in-person Commencement in the spring.
RSVP For Commencement
In order to properly plan for the Commencement dates and times for each school, we need graduates to let us know if they plan to participate in the drive-thru ceremony. Please fill out the form below by Friday, October 30 to indicate whether you are able to attend or not. RSVP for Commencement
Commencement Experience Highlights
- Graduates will have the opportunity to briefly exit their cars for a photo opportunity at one iconic location on campus.
- Graduates will walk across the stage and receive their diploma from President Corey in front of Calvary Chapel, where the original Commencement ceremony would have taken place.
- Family members in the car will have the opportunity to witness their graduates receive their diploma and take photos. The graduate and their family will return to their cars and exit campus.
- Additional surprises will occur along the way to enhance the celebration!
Congratulations, Class of 2020!
Congratulations, class of 2020! You have studied rigorously, overcome challenges, deepened your faith and become who God has called you to be. It has been a privilege to walk with you in this season of your life, and we are honored to send you off with all the pomp and circumstance!
To ensure a smooth and enjoyable commencement experience, please complete the necessary graduation requirements and plan ahead for the weekend festivities!
We are excited to welcome you to Biola! As you step foot on our campus, you will experience the passion and warmth of our Biola community as well as the distinct energy surrounding commencement weekend.
To ensure a smooth and memorable commencement experience, please prepare for your visit to Biola. Find information regarding tickets, accessibility accommodations, dining, lodging, flowers and more.
Ceremonies and Events
In addition to the main commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 8, 2020, and Saturday, May 9, 2020, guests and graduates are invited to attend special events including the undergraduate baccalaureate service, senior celebration dinner, honors ceremonies and school-hosted events including hooding ceremonies and receptions.