In order to accommodate all of our graduating students and their family and friends, Biola’s Fall 2021 Commencement will include two ceremonies.
Ceremony A on Friday, December 17, 2021 will include academic programs for bachelor’s master’s, doctoral degrees and credentials for:
Ceremony B on Friday, December 17, 2021 will include academic programs for bachelor’s master’s, doctoral degrees and credentials for:
Biola commencement ceremonies are between 1.5 to 2 hours.
Commencement rehearsals are mandatory. During the rehearsal, you will be given instructions on when and in what order to line up in preparation for the ceremony. Guests are not allowed in the staging area. Please note the following rehearsal times for each ceremony:
- Ceremony A Rehearsal: Friday, December 17, 2021
- Ceremony B Rehearsal: Friday, December 17, 2021
Guest Arrival Time
We recommend your guests arrive when the gates open, 1 hour before the ceremony starts, to claim their seats. All seating is on a first come, first ushered basis. Please ensure that you have distributed your tickets to your friends and family prior to your ceremony line-up time.
You will need to arrive in your cap and gown to the ceremony. Business Casual attire is to be worn beneath your gown.
Each student will have an assigned seat during the commencement ceremony. You will receive an email with your seating assignment prior to commencement rehearsal.
Please leave your larger personal items with your friends and family. There will not be a place to hold your belongings and we are not responsible if your items are misplaced. Please plan accordingly. Only bring what is necessary and can easily be carried on your person.
At Commencement, you will receive your diploma cover. Diplomas will be mailed to you at a later date. For more information, view post-graduation resources.
- All parking spaces throughout campus are available, except for parking lots A and B which are reserved for our guests needing accessible parking.
- A parking permit is not required for this event.
- Lots S and K are parking structures near the commencement ceremony.
- Please display a state-issued placard when parking in designated accessible parking areas.
- Campus Map
If you or someone you know needs additional accommodations on the day of commencement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. University Events would love to do everything possible to ensure your experience is smooth and enjoyable.
For more information, learn about accessible accommodations for commencement.
Interested in purchasing flower bouquets or leis? Save time and money by placing a pre-order with Graduation Day Flowers and enjoy a convenient pick up on commencement day! Orchid leis and bouquets for graduates will be available for purchase on campus. Graduates are encouraged to wear their leis on stage and in pictures.
Photography and Videography Policy
- You are welcome to photograph and videotape the ceremony from your seat, but please be courteous to those around you. You may not take photographs or selfies as you walk across the stage. This is to ensure the ceremony continues uninterrupted.
- GradImages will be the official photographer for your commencement ceremony. Your photographs will be available online for viewing and ordering as soon as possible. There is no obligation to purchase, and free photo proofs will be sent in as little as 72 hours after your event.
- For more information, visit the Grad Images website. If you have questions about your commencement photos or need help ordering, please contact Grad Images directly: email@example.com or (800) 261-2576.
Biola's professional film crew will be present to capture video of the graduation ceremonies and will produce a digital download of the special day. Each graduate will be featured up-close as they receive their diploma. This Digital Video Download of the entire ceremony may be purchased.