Skip to main content

Graduation Requirements

Are you ready to graduate? Make sure you have completed all of your graduation requirements before commencement day. If you have questions regarding your graduation status, contact the Office of the Registrar at

Undergraduate Students

To make the graduation list, you must meet the following requirements:

  1. Turn in your graduation petition.
  2. Meet with your graduation counselor.
  3. Pass your academic department's Writing Competency Requirement.
  4. Have all transcripts from other schools, substitution forms, etc. on record in the Office of the Registrar.
  5. Complete student loan exit counseling.

View Undergraduate Student Graduation Requirements

Graduate Students

As a graduate student, you must complete these requirements at least one semester before your planned graduation:

  1. For all schools except for Talbot — you must meet with your academic advisor and receive approval to graduate, before meeting with a graduation counselor.
  2. Meet with a graduate graduation counselor in the Office of the Registrar.
  3. To avoid a late charge, petitions to add courses must be turned in by the last day of the semester you are enrolled in.
  4. Your worksheet, substitution forms and transcripts must be approved a semester before graduation.
  5. Complete student loan exit counseling

View Graduate Student Graduation Requirements

Student Loans

As all loans must be paid back, the federal government has made it mandatory that student borrowers complete Loan Exit Counseling prior to graduation. This counseling will explain and help you understand your loan repayment. Please complete the following online counseling for each category in which you received a loan. To determine the loans you received while at Biola University, please reference your financial aid documents or your student account billing statements (be sure to check documents for all years of attendance, as you may have received different loan types in different years).

Category 1: Institutional loans held by Biola University

  1. Complete online exit counseling if you have any of the following loans:
    • Federal Perkins Loan
    • Federal Nursing Loan
    • Biola University Loan
    • Hermann Institutional Loan
    • Freeman-Aitken-Sommerville (FAS) Institutional Loan
    • Helen Grace Colbert Yates Institutional Loan
  2. If it is your first time logging in, you will need your Heartland Key, which can be obtained by calling Heartland ECSI at (888) 549-3274 (Biola's school code is RG). If you have any questions regarding a loan in Category 1, please contact the educational loan specialist or administrator in the accounting office at (562) 903-4760.

Category 2: Direct/Stafford Loans

  1. Complete Loan Exit Counseling
  2. If you have any questions regarding a loan in Category 2, please call the Financial Aid Office at (562) 903-4742.