All guests must have a ticket to attend commencement ceremonies to help ensure that each guest has a seat for this special event. Every graduate can claim up to 8 complimentary tickets, which are available to all those who are approved to graduate through the Office of the Registrar. If you have any questions regarding your graduation status, please contact your graduation counselor.
To request tickets for guests, graduates will receive an email to their Biola email address with a link to a ticket request form.
After submitting your form, tickets will be sent via email to your Biola email address in 1–3 business days. Your tickets will be sent as a PDF through a hyperlink in your email. If you have trouble locating the email, search for “Biola University Print at Home Tickets,” the subject of the email. Please also check your spam or junk mail folder.
After the ticket request deadline has passed, any available tickets will be on sale to the general public for $15 each on the commencement website. Please check the commencement website for any updates.
Entry Requirements and Guest Seating
- All guests must have a ticket to enter the ceremony area. You are responsible for ensuring your guests have received the tickets you claimed.
- Tickets will be scanned for entrance and are ceremony specific. Your guests are required to have a printed or digital copy of their ticket. Each ticket is unique and cannot be used more than once.
- Children who do not require their own seat are not required to have their own ticket.
- Will call is available at the information booth to reprint or hold tickets on the day of commencement. You may leave tickets at the information booth on the day of commencement for guests to pick up. Please enclose the tickets in a labeled envelope for ease of distribution.
- All seating is on a first come, first ushered basis. Tickets do not reserve a specific seat.
- For those unable to attend, a live internet feed of the ceremonies will be available from the Biola Commencement homepage.