Talbot offers online and hybrid (a combination of on-campus and online courses) programs that will equip you academically and spiritually to fulfill your calling — without needing to hit pause on your current vocation or ministry. While staying rooted in your community, you can study with the same expert professors you would find on our campus and take classes designed to be just as substantive and rigorous as any of our on-campus courses.
Fully Online Programs
Talbot offers accredited online theology degrees and an online certificate, so you can get the education you need while meeting the demands of your current life and vocation. Discussions and other interactions all happen online. There are no “in-person” meetings.
- Master of Arts, concentration in Bible Exposition
- Master of Arts, concentration in New Testament
- Master of Arts, concentration in Old Testament
- Master of Arts, concentration in Philosophy
- Master of Arts, concentration in Theology (Greek and Non-Greek Tracks)
- Master of Arts – Christian Apologetics
- Master of Arts – Science and Religion
- Master of Divinity (Missions and Intercultural Studies)
- Master of Divinity (Pastoral and General Ministries)
- Certificate in Biblical and Theological Studies
- Certificate in Christian Apologetics
Talbot’s hybrid degrees allow you to take both online courses and traditional on-campus courses as part of your program. In most cases, up to half of the required courses in these degrees can be completed fully online — making them a flexible and appealing option for students throughout the Southern California region.
- Master of Arts, concentration in Spiritual Formation
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry and Leadership, concentration in Preaching and Pastoral Ministry
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry and Leadership, concentration in Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation and Soul Care
- Master of Divinity
- Certificate in Spiritual Formation
Sample Online Courses
Our online courses feature video lectures, discussions and live video conferences that connect you with your professors and peers. Get a preview of what you can expect by watching our sample videos or interacting with sample courses in our Canvas learning management platform.
Curious what our video lectures are like? View one of our sample course videos below to get a glimpse into the online class lecture experience.
Sample Courses in Canvas
Talbot online students interact with their courses in the Canvas learning management platform. View one of the samples below to experience an array of online course elements, including (but not limited to) getting to know your professor, reviewing the syllabus, observing assignments and quizzes, and learning about class expectations.
Why Choose Online Education at Talbot?
As an online Talbot student, you’ll have the support of a success coach throughout your journey. Whether you have questions about financial aid, which classes to take or who to contact in IT, Biola’s Office of Student Success will be there to help.
A Connected Community
We believe that learning should never be done in isolation. Not only will you have personal access to our exemplary faculty, but you will be connected to a community of peers in your interactive online courses.
Not all online programs are created equal. Talbot is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the Association of Theological Schools, the internationally recognized accrediting body of seminaries in the United States and Canada.
As an 'old school' traditional classroom-format student, I was initially apprehensive about beginning a seminary 'distance learning' program. These concerns rapidly faded away soon after initiating the program. ... My online learning experience has significantly exceeded my expectations.
My experience as an online student at Talbot has been wonderful. I have taken five graduate courses so far and can confidently say that Talbot has really worked hard to make the online experience technologically and relationally seamless.
My Talbot online class experience produced intentional connection, flexibility in accomplishing the academic assignments and rich sharing in community from brothers and sisters across the U.S.