Talbot offers online and hybrid (a combination of on-campus and online courses) programs that will equip you academically and spiritually to fulfill your calling — without needing to hit pause on your current vocation or ministry. While staying rooted in your community, you can study with the same expert professors you would find on our campus and take classes designed to be just as substantive and rigorous as any of our on-campus courses.
Fully Online Programs
Talbot offers accredited online theology degrees and an online certificate, so you can get the education you need while meeting the demands of your current life and vocation. Discussions and other interactions all happen online. There are no “in-person” meetings.
- Master of Arts, concentration in Bible Exposition
- Master of Arts, concentration in New Testament
- Master of Arts, concentration in Old Testament
- Master of Arts, concentration in Theology (Greek and Non-Greek Tracks)
- Certificate in Biblical and Theological Studies
- Certificate in Christian Apologetics
Talbot’s hybrid degrees are comprised of fully online courses and courses that have on-campus class activities, such as in-person meetings with classmates and professors. This allows you the flexibility of studying from home while enjoying in-person experiences with your peers and instructors.
(NOTE: The Christian apologetics and science and religion programs can be completed almost completely at a distance. A two-week on-campus summer residency is required to complete some of the courses (detailed in the learning formats information).
- Master of Arts, concentration in Philosophy
- Master of Arts, concentration in Spiritual Formation
- Master of Arts, concentration in Christian Apologetics
- Master of Arts, concentration in Science and Religion
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry and Leadership, concentration in Preaching and Pastoral Ministry
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry and Leadership, concentration in Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation and Soul Care
- Master of Divinity
- Certificate in Spiritual Formation
Sample Online Course Videos
Our online courses feature video lectures, discussions and live video conferences that connect you with your professors and peers. Get a preview of what you can expect by watching our sample videos.
Why Choose Online Education at Talbot?
As an online Talbot student, you’ll have the support of a success coach throughout your journey. Whether you have questions about financial aid, which classes to take or who to contact in IT, Biola’s Office of Student Success will be there to help.
A Connected Community
We believe that learning should never be done in isolation. Not only will you have personal access to our exemplary faculty, but you will be connected to a community of peers in your interactive online courses.
Not all online programs are created equal. Talbot is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the Association of Theological Schools, the internationally recognized accrediting body of seminaries in the United States and Canada.
My Talbot online class experience produced intentional connection, flexibility in accomplishing the academic assignments and rich sharing in community from brothers and sisters across the U.S.
Talbot is dedicated to offering you an education that's flexible, helping you meet the demands of your busy personal and work life — and it shows in the numbers. See some quick facts about our online and hybrid programs.
5 Fully online programs
10 Hybrid online and on campus programs
20 Average number of Talbot students per online course
300 Average number of Talbot students enrolled in an online courses each term