Skip to main content

Transfer Credit Process

Interested in continuing your seminary education at Talbot School of Theology? We’ll help you make the transfer process as smooth as possible. Learn more about the transfer credit process below.

Begin the Process

Transfer credit can be reviewed upon simply starting an application and submitting your transcripts. To find out if your credits will transfer, please browse the Transfer Equivalency System Tool (TES). Note: if you can not find a course equivalency in TES, please submit your transcript for evaluation.

To receive an transfer credit evaluation from the Office of the Registrar, take these next steps:

  1. Start an application to Talbot School of Theology

    Create your account and start your application.
  2. Submit transcripts

    Fill out previous institutions attended and upload transcript(s) to the online application.
  3. Request Graduate Admissions to have your transcript evaluated

    If you have potential transfer credit, contact your Graduate Admissions Counselor ( or 562-903-4752) to request your transcript evaluation.
  4. Transcript evaluation completed

    The Office of the Registrar will provide you with a transfer credit evaluation. The average process time can take 2-3 business days upon receipt of all documents. The process may be extended if additional documents or approval is needed by faculty.

Transfer Equivalency System (TES)

The Transfer Equivalency System is a list of pre-approved transfer equivalencies for Biola University. This list is not exhaustive. If your school or coursework is not listed, it is still possible that your work may transfer to Talbot.

View Talbot Transfer Equivalencies

Current Student Credit Transfer Process

If you are a current Talbot student and have credits you would like to have transferred, please submit the Biola Transfer Petition form with your request.

If you are looking to pursue a second degree at Talbot and would like to see what would transfer from your first degree to your second degree, please contact your graduation counselor in the Office of the Registrar at

Talbot Transfer Credit Policy

Talbot’s official transfer and advanced standing policies are available to view in our academic catalog.