Program Learning Outcomes and Assessment
University Learning Outcomes
Our mission and values provide the foundation for three University Learning Outcomes that all undergraduate and graduate degree programs are designed to support.
- University Learning Outcome 1: Patterns of Thought - All students will be equipped with patterns of thought that are rigorous, intellectually coherent and thoroughly biblical.
- University Learning Outcome 2: Patterns of Heart - All students will be equipped with patterns of heart that reflect the heart of God.
- University Learning Outcome 3: Patterns of Action - All students will be equipped with patterns of action to lead in the face of unscripted problems for the good of a changing world.
Biola faculty are committed to engaging in an assessment cycle where they continually assess and improve upon student learning at program and course levels. The faculty within each academic program have developed program learning outcomes that articulate what a student should demonstrate upon completion of an academic program. Faculty have also developed mission statements, curriculum maps, and assessment plans for each academic program. They also engage in assessment activities, including Annual PLO Assessment Reporting and Academic Program Review. Academic programs use assessment to foster a culture of "continuous improvement” to benefit the student learning experience.
For more information on assessment, please visit the Office of Educational Effectiveness website.
Choose an individual degree program to see the program’s assessment details.
Undergraduate Core Curriculum
Cook School of Intercultural Studies
Crowell School of Business
Rosemead School of Psychology
School of Education
School of Fine Arts and Communication
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
School of Science, Technology and Health
- B.S. in Allied Health
- B.S. in Applied Physics
- B.S. in Biochemistry
- B.S. in Biological Science
- B.S. in Chemistry
- B.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- B.S. in Computer Science
- B.S. in Engineering
- B.S. in Engineering Physics
- B.S. in Health Sciences
- B.S. in Kinesiology
- B.S. in Mathematics
- B.S. in Nursing
- B.S. in Physical Science
- B.S. in Physics
- B.S. in Public Health
- B.S. in Robotics