Incoming Student Application Process
Ready to live on campus?
We believe (and research shows) the opportunities that come with living in a residence hall on campus will have many benefits for you as a Biola student. You will be living with peers, learning from one another, developing life skills, making deep friendships and having opportunities to experience close Christian community in ways few others get to experience. If you are an incoming student — including freshmen and transfer students — interested in living in campus housing, all you need to know about applying for campus housing can be found here.
Begin the Process
Explore Residence Halls.
Pay the Deposit
- Pay the $100 housing deposit by credit card on MyAccount TouchNet or in person at the Cashier’s Office (lower level of Metzger Hall). Wait one business day for the payment to process; then the application will be available!
Start your Housing Application
- Apply and select your meal plan on the MyHousing & Dining Self-Service page.
Submit your application and receive a confirmation.
- Once you complete the Housing Application, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Biola email. If you do not receive a confirmation please reach out to email@example.com!
- If you are UNDER 18 years-old at the time you are completing the Housing Application, you will need to print the Housing Contract, have you AND your parents sign it, and then scan and email the contract to us OR mail the signed contract to Biola University Attn: Housing, 13800 Biola Ave., La Mirada, CA 90639.
- The Housing and Residence Life team cares deeply about your experience in Biola Housing. The team will personally review your application and find the best possible match based on how you complete the lifestyle preferences section of your Housing Application.
- If you already have a roommate in mind, you can request a specific roommate for the Fall semester by roommate matching on My Housing & Dining Self-Service until early June. Please keep in mind you will only be able to match with students who have completed the Housing Application!
When To Apply:
January 15-September 1, 2020
- Students who apply before June 1, 2020 and will receive priority placement and details about their housing assignment by June 15!
- If you apply after the June 1 priority deadline, you will be given a housing assignment on a rolling basis. An “Estimated Housing Charge” may be placed on your student account until your official assignment is made.
Ready to Move In?
View instructions on what to bring and where to arrive on campus.
Request to Commute
If you would like to commute, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Please review the Residency Requirement Policy located in the Student Housing Handbook.
- If you are under 20 years old and would like to commute from your parents’/guardians’ home, please complete the Intent to Commute Form found on MyHousing & Dining Self-Service.
- If you are an incoming student over the age of 20 and want to commute to Biola from a parent’s/guardian’s home OR live in non-Biola Housing, please complete the Intent to Commute Form on MyHousing & Dining Self-Service.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that you have been approved to commute.
If circumstances change and you would like to live in Biola Housing after all, you can always reach out and the Housing and Residence Life Team will be happy to house you if we have space available!