Residency Requirement and Eligibility
- Students under 20 years old as of the first day of Fall classes are required to live in university housing for the entire academic year unless commuting from their parents’/legal guardians’ home. This is called the Biola University Residence Requirement.
- Students who contract for housing and who turn 20 after the first day of Fall classes are required to fulfill their Housing Contract for the entire academic year.
- If at any time the Housing & Residence Life Office learns that a student who falls under the Residence Requirement is not living (a) at their parents’/legal guardians’ home or (b) in university housing, that student may be assigned to and billed for university housing.
- Students who plan to commute from their parents’ home must complete an online Request to Commute application, available on Self Service.
- Only students officially assigned by the Housing & Residence Life Office to a room or apartment may reside in that room or apartment.
- Biola undergraduate housing is available only to unmarried undergraduate students enrolled full-time at Biola University.
- Students who are involved only in student teaching or practicum assignments may be eligible for housing on a space-available basis.
- Married undergraduate students and single or married graduate students may contact the Graduate & Married Housing office for information and availability. Single graduate students may occasionally be housed in double-occupancy undergraduate housing on a space-available basis.
- Adult Degree Program students and students enrolled in part-time graduate programs are not eligible for housing.
- Students enrolled in part-time undergraduate (online bachelor's) programs are not eligible for housing or meal plans.