Housing and Meal Plan Rates
On This Page
- Housing Rates
- 2023-2024 Undergraduate Housing Per Person Rates
- Minimum Meal Plan Requirement
- Meal Plan Rates
- Housing rates listed below are based on planned room occupancy:
- two persons per room in residence hall double rooms
- three persons per room in residence hall designated triple rooms*
- three persons per room in Hope and Horton permanent triples
- one person per room in Hope and Horton permanent singles
- three persons per apartment in Welch
- four persons per apartment in Li, La Mirada, Tropicana, Lido Mirada, Beachcomber and Tradewinds two-bedroom units
- two or three persons per apartment in Beachcomber, Lido Mirada, and Tradewinds one-bedroom units
- *Residents of designated triple occupancy rooms pay a reduced housing rate for the semester. The discounted rate does NOT apply to permanent triples.
- Should an emergency arise on campus that requires us to create temporary overflow triple or quadruple rooms, no discounts will be given.
- All housing charges for the academic year and summer are prorated on a daily basis.
- Residents of Residence Halls are required to have at least a 10-meal-per-week dining plan.
2023-2024 Undergraduate Housing Per Person Rates
Note: Prices listed are per academic year.
Biola Residence Halls
|Residence Hall||Single Occupancy||Double Occupancy||Permanent Triple|
|# of Bedrooms||# of Occupants||Rate per Academic Year||Locations Available|
|2 bedrooms||4 occupants||$6,426||Beachcomber, La Mirada, Lido Mirada, Tradewinds, Tropicana|
|2 bedrooms||4 occupants||$6,910||Li Apartments|
|2 bedrooms||5 occupants||$6,426||La Mirada|
|1 bedroom||3 occupants||$6,340||Beachcomber, Lido Mirada, Tradewinds|
|1 bedroom||3 occupants||$6,426||Welch|
|1 bedroom||2 occupants||$7,476||Beachcomber, Tradewinds, Lido Mirada|
Summer Housing Rates
|Summer 2023: May 7 – August 23, 2023||$1,580 for 109 days, $14.50/day|
Minimum Meal Plan Requirement
- All residence hall residents, whether full- or part-time, are required to purchase a minimum 10-meals-per-week plan.
- Apartment residents and commuters may elect to purchase a meal plan, but are not required to do so and may opt out of the meal plan whenever they wish. For more information on meal plan options, please see Student Life > Meal Plans.
- Students assigned to residence halls who have not selected an eligible meal plan by the end of Registration or by housing check in will be assigned the 10 Basic (minimum required) meal plan. Students may then change this dining plan if they wish, according to the policies governing meal plan changes.
- For more information on Meal Plans and Dining Policies, please see Student Life > Meal Plans.
Meal Plan Rates
For Students Living in Residence Halls
|Meal Plan||Price per Semester|
|20 Flex Meal Plan (includes $150 Flex dollars)||$3,044|
|15 Flex Meal Plan (includes $150 Flex dollars)||$2,875|
|12 Flex Meal Plan (includes $150 Flex dollars)||$2,447|
|10 Flex Meal Plan (includes $150 Flex dollars)||$2,260|
|10 Meal Plan (NO Flex dollars; minimum required plan)||$2,129|
|175 Block Plan: 175 "any time" meals (includes $150 Flex dollars)||$2,660|
For Apartment Residents and Commuter Students Only
|Meal Plan||Price per Semester|
|5 Flex Meal Plan (includes $50 Flex dollars)||$952|
|20 Block Plan: 20 "any time" meals (includes $350 Flex dollars)||$620|
Note: Meals will not be provided during Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break and Spring Break except the Sunday after Thanksgiving and the Sunday after Spring Break.