Continuing Student Housing Selection Process
Welcome to Housing Selection 2021-2022 for current Biola Students!
Begin the Process
- Attend the apartment and/or residence hall information session and watch the video tutorials.
Submit your Housing Application.
- Submit your Continuing Student Housing Application by the designated deadline. Your selection time will be sent to you at least 24 hours before your selection day.
- Find the Housing Application on your MyHousing & Dining Self-Service page.
- If you do not see the housing application under "Forms and Applications" that is a good indicator that you need to pay the housing deposit. To submit the Housing Deposit, go to your student account and look for the word “Deposits” at the top of the screen. Click on "Fall 2021" from the first dropdown menu, then click on Undergraduate Housing deposit from a second dropdown menu. You'll then follow the payment prompts from there. The payment will take 30-60 minutes to process and then the application will be visible to you on your MyHousing Self-Service page.
- Please be sure to complete the application in its entirety! You will receive a confirmation email upon completion from email@example.com.
- If you want to commute, please complete the Request to Commute form found in the FAQ section of this page.
- Roommate match on your MyHousing & Dining Self-Service page.
- Those interested in Apartments must be roommate matched by March 31, 2021.
- Those interested in Residence Halls: We recommend being roommate matched by April 16, 2021, but you can match throughout the selection process.
- If you would like to roommate match with an Incoming OR Readmitted student, please complete the Request for Incoming/Readmitted Student Roommate form by March 22. Please do not fill out this form if you and your roommates are continuing students. The incoming/readmitted student must be accepted by Biola by May 10.
- A few important things to note:
- You will only be able to roommate match with students who have also completed the Housing Application.
- If you want to be considered for an apartment, all roommates must be 20 years old before the first day of Fall classes! If you are not 20 before Fall classes, but would still like to be considered for the Apartments, please complete the Apartment Age Exception Form. The Housing Team will review your request and get back to you with a decision within a week of your request submission.
Select your apartment or room on YOUR selection date!
- For more information on where you are eligible to live and residency requirements, please see the Undergraduate Student Housing Handbook.
- We recommend that students/roommate groups talk over all of your options in advance so you have multiple plans heading into Selection!
- March 15 — Application and Roommate Matching Open
- March 31 — Apartment Interest and Apartment Roommate Match Deadline
- April 7 — Apartment Selection
- April 16 — Residence hall Application & Roommate Match Deadline
- April 20, 21, 22 — Any Hall Selection
- April 26 — Individual Bed & Late Applicant Selection
Selection Process Details
First Step: Apartment Raffle
- Who participates: Fully matched groups of 2-4 roommates who are apartment eligible
- What is the Apartment Raffle? The Apartment Raffle is a process that organizes apartment-eligible groups by seniority (class credit) and guarantees apartments starting with the highest-ranking roommate group until all apartment spaces are filled.
- How priority/seniority is determined: Priority is given to current Biola Housing residents who will be seniors in the coming school year (88+ credits in progress as of Spring 2020). The more upcoming seniors who are also living in Biola Housing that you have in your roommate group, the higher your priority will be.
Second step: Apartment Selection
- When: Wednesday, April 7th at 12 p.m.
- Who participates: Roommate groups who were guaranteed an apartment through the Apartment Raffle process
- Details: Someone in your group will log onto their MyHousing & Dining Self-Service page and select an apartment for your entire roommate group
- Please note: you will only be able to see rooms that match the size of your apartment group (i.e. if you are a group of 3, you will ONLY see apartments for 3).
We didn’t get an apartment:
- All students who do not receive an apartment will automatically be included in the residence hall selection process.
- Students 20+ years old get priority in residence hall selection April 20th-26th.
- Eligible students may choose non-Biola housing (if this is the direction that is chosen, simply unmatch from your roommate group and do NOT select a bed in Biola Housing or you will be charged a cancellation fee).
- Students who do not receive an apartment will be put on the apartment waitlist in case of future cancellations.
Same Hall Selection
In a typical year, Same Hall Selection allows students who lived on campus in the Spring semester within a residence hall to select a room in that same, specific residence hall. Due to the limited number of students who lived on campus this academic year and given the fact that most of these students did not get to select where they were living, Housing Selection will not have a Same Hall Selection process. Please refer to the Any Hall Selection section below.
Any Hall Selection
- When: April 20-22
- Who participates: Any student interested in a residence hall room and is roommate matched.
- How priority is established: Since we do not have the "Same Hall" selection this year, the "Any Hall" selection's schedule is as follows:
- Current seniors and juniors will select on April 20, 2021
- Current sophomores will select on April 21, 2021
- Current first-year students will select on April 22, 2021
- Please note: Thompson Hall is only for students who will be 20+ years old by the first day of fall classes.
- You are able to select ANY AVAILABLE ROOM in ANY Residence Hall that matches your roommate group’s number of people and age eligibility (i.e. groups of four will only see rooms for suites but in all residence halls that have suites, like Sigma or Stewart).
- Your “TEAM CAPTAIN” is the person in your roommate group with the earliest selection time. They will go in a select the room for your group as they have the earliest time.
Individual Bed and Late Application Selection
- When: April 26, 2021
- Who participates: Any applicant who has not yet selected a bed and is a residency required student who has not been approved to commute!
- How priority is established: This is a first-come-first-serve selection process.
- Details: Unlike the other selections, you will be selecting a BED within a room (you do not need to be roommate matched here). Another student participating in Individual Bed Selection will be selecting the other bed in the room. If no one selects the other bed, the Housing Team will assign someone to the room later on based on lifestyle preference compatibility.
Special Requests and Accommodations
Please note: these forms are separate and must both be submitted if both options are desired.
- Exception to Live in Biola Apartments Request
- This form is for students who will be 20 years old shortly after the start of Fall Classes who would like an age exception to be considered for the Apartment Raffle process.
- Request to Commute form
- This form is for students who are under the age of 20 who plant to commute from a parent/guardian home or need to request to live off campus for any other reason.
Special Housing Accommodation
If you currently have a Special Housing Accommodation for a documented medical, physical, or psychological reason and you would like to request to RENEW it for next year please follow these steps:
- Answer YES on the Housing Application’s question regarding renewing your request.
- Be on the lookout in your email for a follow up from the Housing Team and the Learning Center.
- If the Learning Center approves your request, the Housing Office will assign you to a suitable room.
Housing Contract, Cancellations and Rates
- You are contracted for the FULL academic year (Fall 2021 and Spring 2021) once you or a matched roommate select an apartment/room during any of the selection processes
- Cancellation fees apply after selecting a room or apartment. Please refer to our Undergraduate Student Housing Handbook.
- You cannot change your room after selecting it.
- View Housing Rates for the upcoming year.