Continuing Student Housing Selection Process
Welcome to Housing Selection 2024-2025 for current Biola Students!
Begin the Process
- Attend the apartment and/or residence hall information session and watch the video tutorials.
Submit your Housing Application.
- Submit your Continuing Student Housing Application by the designated deadline. Your selection time will be sent to you at least 24 hours before your selection day.
- Find the Housing Application on your MyHousing & Dining Self-Service page.
- If you do not see the housing application under "Forms and Applications" that is a good indicator that you need to pay the housing deposit. To submit the Housing Deposit, go to your student account and look for the word “Deposits” at the top of the screen. Click on "Fall 2024" from the first dropdown menu, then click on Undergraduate Housing deposit from a second dropdown menu. You'll then follow the payment prompts from there. The payment will take 30-60 minutes to process and then the application will be visible to you on your MyHousing Self-Service page.
- Please be sure to complete the application in its entirety! You will receive a confirmation email upon completion from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to commute, please complete the Request to Commute form found in the FAQ section of this page.
- Roommate match on your MyHousing & Dining Self-Service page.
- Those interested in Apartments must be roommate matched by March 8, 2024.
- Those interested in Residence Halls: We recommend being roommate matched by March 8, 2024, but you can match throughout the selection process.
- If you would like to roommate match with an Incoming OR Readmitted student, please complete the Request for Incoming/Readmitted Student Roommate form by March 11, 2024. Please do not fill out this form if you and your roommates are continuing students.
- A few important things to note:
- You will only be able to roommate match with students who have also completed the Housing Application.
- If you want to be considered for an apartment, all roommates must be at least junior status (60+ credits in progress), or over the age of 21.
Select your apartment or room on YOUR selection date!
- For more information on where you are eligible to live and residency requirements, please see the Undergraduate Student Housing Handbook.
- We recommend that students/roommate groups talk over all of your options in advance so you have multiple plans heading into Selection!
- February 19 — Application and Roommate Matching Open
- February 20 at 7:30 p.m.; February 21 at 2 p.m. — Apartment Info Sessions (Kim Dining Room)
- February 21 at 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.; February 22 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. — Residence Hall Info Sessions (Calvary Chapel)
- March 8 — Apartment Application and Roommate Match Deadline
- March 14 - Apartment Selection
- March 22 — Residence Hall Application & Roommate Match Deadline
- March 26, 27, 28 — Residence Hall Selection
- April 5 — Roommate Mixer for Unmatched Applicants
Selection Process Details
First Step: Apartment Raffle
- Who participates: Fully matched groups of 2-4 roommates who are apartment eligible
- What is the Apartment Raffle? The Apartment Raffle is a process that organizes apartment-eligible groups by seniority (class credit) and guarantees apartments starting with the highest-ranking roommate group until all apartment spaces are filled.
- How priority/seniority is determined: Priority is given to current Biola Housing residents who will be seniors in the coming school year (88+ credits in progress). The more upcoming seniors who are also living in Biola Housing that you have in your roommate group, the higher your priority will be.
Second step: Apartment Selection
- When: March 14 at 12 p.m.
- Who participates: Roommate groups who were guaranteed an apartment through the Apartment Raffle process
- Details: Someone in your group will log onto their MyHousing & Dining Self-Service page and select an apartment for your entire roommate group
- Please note: you will only be able to see rooms that match the size of your apartment group (i.e. if you are a group of 3, you will ONLY see apartments for 3).
We didn’t get an apartment:
- All students who do not receive an apartment will automatically be included in the residence hall selection process.
- “Students with junior or senior status (60+ credits in progress) get priority in residence hall selection.
- Eligible students may choose non-Biola housing (if this is the direction that is chosen, simply unmatch from your roommate group and do NOT select a bed in Biola Housing or you will be charged a cancellation fee).
- Students who do not receive an apartment will be put on the apartment waitlist in case of future cancellations.
Residence Hall Selection
- When: March 26, 27 and 28
- Who participates: Any student interested in a residence hall room and is roommate matched.
- How priority is established: The "Any Hall" selection schedule is as follows:
- Current seniors and juniors will select on March 26, 2024
- Current sophomores will select on March 27, 2024
- Current first-year students will select on March 28, 2024
- You are able to select ANY AVAILABLE ROOM in ANY Residence Hall that matches your roommate group’s number of people and age eligibility.
- Your “TEAM CAPTAIN” is the person in your roommate group with the earliest selection time. They will go in a select the room for your group as they have the earliest time.
Late Applicant Selection
- When: Ongoing after the conclusion of normal residence hall selection.
- Who participates: Any applicant who has not yet selected a bed and is a residency required student who has not been approved to commute!
- How priority is established: This is a first-come-first-serve selection process.
- All students will be required to have matched with a roommate in order to select their housing for next year. If you are having trouble finding a roommate, please attend the roommate mixer and contact the Housing office.
Special Requests and Accommodations
Please note: these forms are separate and must both be submitted if both options are desired.
- Request to Commute Exemption
- This form is for students who are under the age of 21 who want to request to live off campus in a location other than their parents home.
- Request for Incoming/Readmitted Student Roommate
- This form is for continuing students who desire to roommate match with an incoming or readmitted student. Please do not fill out this form if you are a continuing student hoping to live with another continuing student OR if you are an incoming/readmitted student desiring to live with a continuing student.
- Apartment Unit Requirement Exception
- This form is for students who do not meet the minimum unit requirement of 60+ in progress units but want to be considered for an exception to live in the Biola Apartments.
Special Housing Accommodation
If you currently have a Special Housing Accommodation for a documented medical, physical, or psychological reason and you would like to request to RENEW it for next year please follow these steps:
- Answer YES on the Housing Application’s question regarding renewing your request.
- Be on the lookout in your email for a follow up from the Housing Team and the Learning Center.
- If the Learning Center approves your request, the Housing Office will assign you to a suitable room.
Housing Contract, Cancellations and Rates
- You are contracted for the FULL academic year (Fall Semester–Spring Semester) once you or a matched roommate select an apartment/room during any of the selection processes
- Cancellation fees apply after selecting a room or apartment. Please refer to our Undergraduate Student Housing Handbook.
- You cannot change your room after selecting it.
- View Housing Rates for the upcoming year.