Skip to main content


State Authorization

Biola welcomes online degree or certificate applications from prospective students who are residents in most states within the United States. However, applications from residents of Alabama, Arkansas and Maryland cannot be considered at this time because of extensive requirements and costs for registering and maintaining compliance under the regulations on distance education in these states. If you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas or Maryland, Biola University welcomes your inquiry and your application to one of our on-campus only programs.

Student Complaint Process

The U.S. Department of Education has promulgated regulations to improve the integrity of programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) as amended (the “Program Integrity Rule”). The Program Integrity Rule requires, among other things, that each college or university authorized to offer postsecondary education in one or more states ensure access to a complaint process that will permit student consumers to address the following:

  1. Alleged violations of state consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
  2. Alleged violations of state laws of rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions;
  3. Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.

Biola University, as an institution authorized to provide postsecondary education in the State of California, is committed to full compliance with the Program Integrity Rule, and provides the following confirmation to all current and prospective students:

Biola University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission. Click this link to review the University's accreditation status on the WSCUC website.

The university encourages students to work through internal university complaint processes for resolution of complaints. If you believe that the university’s academic appeal procedures have not adequately addressed concerns identified under the Program Integrity Rule, the following links and contact information are provided:


California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone: (916) 431-6924
FAX: (916) 263-189

How to file a complaint


WASC Senior College and University Commission
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
See also the Public Comments and Complaints page on the WSCUC website.

If a distance education student who lives outside the state of California believes that the university’s internal procedures have not adequately addressed concerns identified under the Program Integrity Rule, the following link and contact information for each state is provided:

Student Complaint Information by State and Agency (PDF)

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Online

Under section 508 of the ADA, the government requires Biola to provide disabled students with specific accessibility standards for electronic and information technology. As an online Biola student, you will be using Canvas, our online learning environment and management system -- Canvas is section 508 ADA compliant. If you have any specific needs, questions or concerns regarding technology access, please contact Disability Services.

Student Handbook(s)