Pastoral Care offers a safe place for you to talk, pray, and receive guidance on a variety of topics, such as your relationship with God, relationships with others, emotional concerns, sexuality, doubt, discernment and more.
Our pastoral care staff would love to meet with you for a 30 mins to hour session. You can book your appointment online at any time.
Confidentiality and Care
In Pastoral Care, the staff desires for you to thrive as a student. At times, this care may lead to a connection with the office of Student Care and Conduct such as in cases of:
- harm to self or others
- abuse of children and the elderly
- sexual harassment or assault
- difficulties abiding with the community's Behavioral Standards
*Campus Pastor Todd Pickett is the only Student Development campus minister who can offer confidential pastoral care in cases of sexual harassment and assault.
Difference from Spiritual Direction
Pastoral Care is:
- Intended to provide immediate spiritual guidance;
- Focused on the particular concern or struggle you bring — stress, relational difficulties, sexuality, doubt, questions about God, emotional concerns, discernment and more;
- Aimed at providing a safe space for you to share immediate concerns. We’ll listen to you, pray for you and, if needed, direct you to resources for long-term care.
Spiritual Direction is:
- Intended to last at least a semester, often longer;
- Focused on your relationship with God;
- Aimed at helping you discern God’s work in your daily life;
- Administered through the Institute of Spiritual Formation, located in the Grove. Feel free to connect with them to be paired with a Spiritual Director.
If you’re uncertain about which might be best for you, just come see us! We’re happy to hear what’s happening in your life, pray with you and help you figure out what you need.
For more information, call us at (562) 777-4041 or email email@example.com.