Faculty and Staff | English Language Program
- Director, English Language Program
- Assistant Professor
- Ph.D., University of Washington
- M.A.T., University of Washington
- B.A., Loyola University, New Orleans
Bonnie Vidrine Isbell conducts interdisciplinary research which specializes in blending bilingual brain studies and second language pedagogy. She has taught English as a second and foreign language for 10 years in Washington, Louisiana, Thailand, Spain, and Belize. She has specialized in second language composition for the last six years.
- Assistant Professor, English
- Ph.D., Ball State University
- M.A., Butler University
- M.A., Azerbaijan University of Languages
- B.A., Azerbaijan University of Languages
Elmar Hashimov teaches courses in rhetoric, writing, and language studies. He also directs the Biola Rhetoric & Writing Center, and coordinates Writing Across the Curriculum. With an extensive background in classical philology, Slavic and Germanic linguistics, and English Language Learner pedagogy, he is also passionate about mentoring and supporting global students on campus. In addition to...
- Assistant Professor of English
- Associate Professor of Modern Languages
- Ph.D., University of Southern California
- M.A., University of Southern California
- B.Phil., University of Pittsburgh
- Associate Professor of English
- M.F.A., University of California, Irvine
- B.A., California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Chris Davidson is associate professor of English and co-director of first-year writing at Biola. He teaches courses in critical thinking and writing, writing for competency, and creative writing. He has a bachelor's degree in English from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from University of California, Irvine. His work has...
- Instructor, English
- M.A., Biola University
Christi Watson teaches in Biola’s English Writing Program and is currently working on her doctorate in higher education at Azusa Pacific University. She researches problems faced by historically underserved student populations, as well as instructional design models exploring how writing practices transfer across disciplinary boundaries. Christi has also served as assistant co-director of the...
- Director of International Admissions
- International Recruiting
- Director of Graduate Admissions
- Senior International Admissions Counselor
- English Language Admissions Counselor
- Director, Global Student Programs & Development
Education: Biola University, B.A., Intercultural Studies; CSULB, M.A., Linguistics/TESL.
At Biola since (as employee): July 2013
StrengthsFinder Top Five: Relator, Achiever, Focus, Learner, Discipline
What do you do in your job? I support and empower our “global” students—those who have spent a significant number of their developmental years in another country. They have unique needs and...
- Immigration Specialist
- Student Immigration Advisor