Congratulations, you’re in!
Now that you're accepted, I’m sure you’re wondering, “What’s Next?” Below you’ll find a list of essential next steps to start your Biola journey. If you have any questions along the way, we’re here to help.
Ready to be a Biolan?
First things first — you’ll need to create login credentials for My Account, your personalized enrollment portal, and submit your enrollment deposit by following the steps below.
Create your net ID and password.
Login to My Account using your net ID and password, and familiarize yourself with your next steps.
What is My Account? My Account is an online student portal where you'll find a personalized list of enrollment steps and resources. Go ahead and bookmark the site — you’ll return to it frequently as you complete enrollment
You will need to complete all the required tasks in order to be fully enrolled in your classes. These requirements include tasks concerning your course registration, Title IV authorization, financial responsibility agreement and payment.
- What is My Account? My Account is an online student portal where you'll find a personalized list of enrollment steps and resources. Go ahead and bookmark the site — you’ll return to it frequently as you complete enrollment steps.
Submit your $100 enrollment deposit via the assigned task on My Account.
- Click on the Enrollment Deposit task in the Incoming Student Tasks list.
- Select Online Bachelor's Enroll Deposit.
- Follow the instructions listed in the task to complete the payment.
Note: Please wait 24 hours after you submitted your enrollment deposit for your file to be processed. After the deposit is processed, you will be able to complete the remaining incoming student tasks on My Account.
Activate your Biola email address via the assigned task on My Account.
- Your Biola email address will be the main line of communication to receive important notifications and deadlines leading up to your first day of classes and throughout your time at Biola, so it’s important to get in the habit of checking your inbox.
Complete enrollment tasks on My Account.
Complete the online Canvas orientation
- One of the first tasks to complete as a new student is the online Canvas orientation. It is very important to make sure that you go through the orientation, which gives you insight to many important parts of your student experience.
Set up an appointment with your success coach and register for classes
- Use your MyAccount username and password to log into Canvas.
- Set up an appointment with your success coach – After you complete the orientation, you will be asked to meet with your Success Coach. Please make an appointment through Handshake and choose the best date and time that works for you.
- You will register for classes with your Success Coach during the appointment.
Get Your Books
- You do not need to wait until you have access to your classes to know which books you will need. Simply access the bookstore, insert your student ID number and find your textbooks. From there, you can either purchase the books through the bookstore or any of the alternative methods available.
Access Resources for New Online Students
- If you need additional resources or have more questions, we've curated useful resources for new Biola Online students to help you start your degree with confidence.
Begin Your Classes
- You are now ready for classes to begin. With high quality video lectures, online discussions, impactful readings and connections with your peers, you will be prepared to succeed.
Financial Aid, Scholarships and Payment Plans
Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, additional tasks will be made available during the subsequent weeks and months. Additional enrollment tasks include:
Financial Aid Tasks
Steps to apply for financial aid are different for every individual, but we encourage you to follow these five steps to ensure you qualify for the most financial aid as possible.
If you have not done so already, submit the FAFSA for your intended enrollment year.
Apply for scholarships.
Review your Financial Aid award estimate.
- Biola’s Financial Aid Office will email your award letter after you have been admitted to Biola and submitted your FAFSA. Your letter may include scholarships, grants, and loans you are being offered.
- Please review your "Student Financials" tab in My Account to view your financial aid award after you submit the FAFSA and receive your award letter from financial aid.
Return additional requested Financial Aid forms through My Account.
- Depending on your financial aid award, you may be asked to submit additional financial documents. Please see My Account for your personalized list of requested forms to be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid.
- It is important to be proactive about gathering financial aid documents, as some items can take days or weeks to process.
Learn about your financial aid options.
Payment and Payment Plans
To make a payment, log into your My Account, select Payment and then Pay Online. You will be redirected to Touchnet, where you will be able to make a payment or enroll in a payment plan.
Biola offers payment options based on your entry term. You can make payments online through your MyAccount under the Student Financials tab.
|Plan Type||Fall Deadlines||Spring Deadlines||Summer Deadlines||Plan Fees|
|Four Payments||25% due July 15, August 15, September 15, October 15||25% due November 15, December 15, January 15, February 15||$85 Plan Fee, 1% assessed monthly for late payments|
|Three Payments||50% down payment due August 15, 25% due September 15, 25% due October 15||50% down payment due December 15, 25% due January 15, 25% due February 15||50% down payment due May 1, 25% due May 15, 25% due June 15.||$85 Plan Fee, 1% assessed monthly for late payments|
|Two Payments||50% down payment due August 15 with balance paid by September 15||50% down payment due December 15 with balance paid by January 15||50% down payment due by May 1, 50% due May 15.||$35 Plan Fee, 1% assessed monthly for late payments|
|One Payment||Pay in full at enrollment by August 15||Pay in full at enrollment by December 15||Pay in full at enrollment by May 1.||No plan fee|