Student Union Building, Upper Level
Monday — Thursday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday — Closed
Purpose and Values
Our Purpose: The purpose of SGA is to serve the student body, promote their interests and welfare, ensure understanding throughout the Biola community and foster a Christ-centered community.
“Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
—1 Peter 1:13–16
- Growth – We want to be attentive to your needs and listen to the passions of our community in order to grow in knowledge together. We invest in relationships with those we represent, seeking to leave a lasting mark by building others up spiritually and physically.
- Prayer – We are a body of leaders committed to praying for our colleagues, campus and community. We recognize that without God’s favor, nothing will prosper or last.
- Service – We craft action steps based on the needs of our community, committing to love in both words and deeds. We also go outside of our walls to pour into our local community and be a part of the work God is doing around us.
- Integrity – We strive to care for your resources with integrity. We aim to make our information accessible so you can participate in the democratic process of student government, and for us to effectively participate in your student life.
Come sit in on a Senate Meeting on Thursdays. The meeting is 3-6 p.m., but you are welcome stay for however long you are able. During COVID-19 remote work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sit in on our virtual meetings. If you miss our meeting, you can look at a recap on The Chimes.
We, the students of Biola University, in order to promote the interests and welfare of the students, to rest our power in chosen representatives, to provide for the development of each individual within the Body of Christ, to encourage community and student involvement, to promote resources for spiritual growth, to provide a voice for the student body, to ensure the pursuit of academic excellence and intellectual growth, do ordain and hereby establish this Constitution.
How to Get Involved
Even if you are not interested in joining SGA, we would love to have you involved in our work. We need a relationship with you to do our job! Here are five ways you can get involved:
- Attend a senate meeting. We meet in the SGA Conference Room (Upper SUB) on Thursdays from 4:30–7:30 p.m. Please email our Senior VP at email@example.com so we can make room for you to watch.
- Follow us on Instagram @sga_biola. Our social media is your go-to for all updates, information on upcoming votes and fun opportunities to engage with the SGA team.
- Create a proposal: Check out the proposals page for more information.
- Read about our projects: The Chimes does a weekly recap of all senate meetings. Our instagram has info on all our events. Each senator does a weekly newsletter and shares their projects and senate news. Visit SGA hour at the dorms to ask your senator about the latest SGA projects.
- Meet your senator. Your senator (who you can find in “Meet Us”) would always love to keep you informed over email or in-person at an SGA Hour. SGA Hour is sunday nights at 9 p.m. in the dorms, and in the SGA office on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12–1 p.m. for the commuter senators.