Set-up for Android Users
Setting Up the Digital Eagle ID on Android
- Enable NFC on your phone in your Settings menu. NFC settings can be found in different areas of the Settings menu, depending on your device. A common location is Connected Devices>Connection Settings. (If not found there, use the Search option on the top right to double check.)
- Toggle the NFC setting to On.
- Open Google Pay and make sure it is enabled as the default payment application. If the app prompts you to add a credit card, you can bypass that screen and return to the Google Pay home screen.
- Download the Transact eAccounts mobile app from the Google Play Store to your phone.
- Open eAccounts, click through the startup screens and tap Get Started.
- Search for Biola University and click through to the Biola login screen.
- Enter your NetID and password to authenticate your device.
- You will immediately be prompted to check your @biola.edu email for a verification code. You may need to check your spam folder if the verification code doesn't appear in your inbox. Copy the 6-digit code into the box to verify.
- Once you have successfully authenticated in eAccounts, click the Add to Google Pay button to add your digital Eagle ID to Google Pay.
- Continue through the prompts (Next, Accept the Biola University Terms & Conditions).
- Next, Accept the Google Pay Terms of Service.
- The next screen will confirm that the ID has been added to Google Pay.
Using the Digital Eagle ID on Android
You do not need to unlock your phone, but the screen must be awake to use your digital Eagle ID. Tap the power button to wake the screen and tap your phone against the reader. Note, the antenna location may vary by device, although it is often in the middle of the phone. As a result, you may have to adjust the orientation of your phone against the reader to have your Digital Card recognized.
- To display your Eagle ID, open the Transact eAccounts app and select the View in Google Pay icon.
- To add funds to your accounts in the eAccounts app, first save a payment method at the eAccounts website: biola.edu/eAccounts
- Make a deposit via your desktop or mobile browser.
- After completing the deposit, there will be an option to save your credit card information.
- Once you have added the card information on the eAccounts website, that card will be available in the eAccounts app for future deposits. If you have already used eAccounts to access your Digital Card, you will need to sign out and back in to update the saved payment information.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 562-944-0351 ext. 5827. Contact information for the Biola ID Card Office is also available from the digital Eagle ID menu in Google Pay.