Biola Spirit Audition (Cheer and Dance)
- Date: April 28, 2019
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Location: Andrews Banquet Room (downstairs in Talbot East — see the interactive campus map)
- Attire: Black and red athletic clothing and hair in ponytail or away from face
Anyone interested in trying out for Biola Spirit must meet the following requirements:
- We are looking for well rounded spirited boys and girls with experience in studio dance, tumbling, song leading, cheerleading, and/or competitive cheer or dance experience who LOVE the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Candidates must enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credits, 9 of which must be at Biola University in both the fall and spring semesters. (Candidates may choose to be concurrently enrolled at Biola University and another Junior College, State College, or University; however they must maintain a minimum of 9 semester credits at Biola while maintaining a minimum of 3 additional semester credits at said institution).
- Candidates must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college level credits attempted, completed, and awarded a letter grade.
- Dance Materials Video
- Cheer Materials Video
Bring the following items. The forms must be signed by every dancer and legal guardian (as applicable) prior to auditioning.
If you are interested in auditioning, please email BiolaDanceCrew@biola.edu for more information.
Links will be sent to help you learn all material for either cheer or dance before you arrive. There will be a small review before you audition.
Interested in Video Submission?
- Learn the material from the link on the BDC Tryout Page.
- Record yourself performing the material one full time through. All submissions that are incomplete will be judged on the material completed.
- Video submission is an option for those who cannot physically be present at the audition date.
- Please see video audition material link above for cheer or dance to complete the audition process.
- Once your video is received you will get a confirmation of receipt. Please check your email for team results by early–mid May.
Please note the time limit for submission and learning is to be fair to those learning in person as well as learning online.