Steps to Apply
Complete and submit your official application for admission
Every advantage goes to the early applicant.
- Submit a non-refundable $45 application fee
If applying online, you may submit the fee through your application portal, otherwise please send a check or money order made payable to Biola University, with the student's name indicated on the memo line, to the address below:
Office of Admissions
13800 Biola Avenue
La Mirada, CA 90639
Biola will accept the College Board or ACT fee waiver, or you may submit the Biola Request for Application Fee Waiver form and accompanying documentation.
- Complete the required essay
Your application will not be reviewed until your essay has been submitted.
- Submit an official transcript
Submit transcripts, current through the time of application. The homeschool transcript should include a letter grade assigned for each subject studied, beginning in the ninth year of schooling, as well as the signature of the homeschooling parent or agency representative. A final official transcript must be submitted upon completion of course of study and must include graduation date or the date when studies were completed. In the absence of a transcript, you must take the GED or California Proficiency Exam. Scores from the test must be sent directly to Biola before the application deadline. If a final transcript is submitted, these tests are not required.
- Submit your scores from the SAT (Code 4017) or ACT (Code 0172)
The SAT or ACT is required of all applicants except those who are transferring in from another school.
Not sure about the strength of your standardized test scores?
We offer test-optional (SAT or ACT scores not required) admission on a case-by-case basis. International students, prospective STEM majors and athletes are not eligible for test-optional admission.
Please note the following admission requirements for homeschool students.
- The student must be an evangelical believer in the Christian faith (the applicant's statement of faith will be articulated in the personal essay section of the application).
- The student must have at least a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA. Note: The average unweighted high school GPA for incoming freshmen at Biola is 3.54.
- The student must have at least a 920 Critical Reading / Math score on the SAT, or a Composite 19 score on the ACT. Note: The average Critical Reading / Math SAT score for incoming freshman at Biola is 1,110. The average Composite ACT score is 24.
- The student must have completed the equivalent of 4 years of high school education, demonstrated by a transcript or completion of a commensurate degree (GED).
Recommended Homeschool Curriculum
Biola recommends prospective students take the following classes prior to enrolling:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Mathematics
- 2–4 years of Foreign Language
- 2 years of Science
- 2 years of Social Science
Elective courses in fine arts and PE are encouraged. Prospective nursing candidates must have one year each of chemistry and algebra. Biology majors must have one year each of chemistry and physics.
NOTE: Deficiencies in the student's homeschool curriculum may be made up while at Biola.
Biola Youth Academics
For assistance finishing your high school requirements, Biola Youth Academics offers courses that can help homeschooled students fulfill Biola's recommended homeschool curriculum.
Biola Youth Academics courses do not earn college credit.
To qualify for an application deadline, all materials must be received in the Admissions Office by the appropriate deadline date. If a student qualifies for a specific application deadline, they will be notified of admission by the corresponding notification date.
Apply for Fall Semester
|Deadline Type||Apply By||Notified By|
|Early Action 1||November 15||January 15|
|Early Action 2||January 15||February 15|
Apply for Spring Semester
|Deadline Type||Apply By||Notified By|
|Regular||November 15||As Processed|
Note: There is only one application deadline when applying for the spring semester. Applications will be accepted after November 15, but are processed if space is available and time allows.