Events & Activities
- Events: Sponsored by the Department of Commuter Life, the Biola Military Benefits Coordinator (Registrar) and the Ahmanson Veterans Scholarship Initiative (Financial Aid) as a connecting point for all veterans — grad/undergrad, on-campus/off-campus students.
- Email updates: Would you like to be updated via email about upcoming events? Please email Jennifer Alvarez to subscribe. (Feel free to unsubscribe at any time.)
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeteransForChrist
- Student Veterans of America: The Biola Veterans Association (BVA) was launched the fall of 2017 and serves as a source of support, representation and camaraderie for all Veterans and Service members at Biola. If you would like more information regarding the BVA please email Jennifer Alvarez.
- Rally Point: A once weekly meeting space for Veterans to connect and have a safe place to talk, study and share with each other. Rally Point is meeting in the Upper SUB conference room every Monday starting September 24 from 12 to 4:30 p.m. Please come for free coffee, snacks and conversation.
New Student Veteran Orientation and Brunch
|Date||Wednesday, September 12, 8:30–10:20 a.m.|
|Location||Metzger Lehman Board Dining Room|
Welcome to Biola University! We are excited to meet you and highly encourage all incoming present and former military students to attend our New Student Veteran Orientation and Brunch. This orientation is designed to answer any questions you may have about academics, student services, financial aid, student activities and campus life. You will also have the opportunity to meet Biola Veteran Association student leaders.
Student Veteran Community Lunches
|Dates||Thursday, September 27, 12–1:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 18, 12–1:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 6, 12–1:30 p.m.
We hold several lunches each semester in order for our student veterans to connect with each other and stay informed with the what is happening for veterans on Biola’s campus. Please join us for great food and even better company!
Veterans' Day Chapel and Reception
|Date||Friday, November 9, 9:30–10:20 a.m.|
We would like to thank you and acknowledge your service to our country. We are holding a special Veteran's Day Chapel on November 9, in which we will hear the stories of a few of our student veterans and then holding a reception immediately following. All veterans and their families are invited to attend the chapel and then dine together at the reception.