Events & Activities
- Events: Sponsored by the Department of Commuter Life, the Biola Military Benefits Coordinator (Registrar), and the Ahmanson Veterans Scholarship Initiative (Financial Aid) as a connecting point for all veterans—grad/undergrad, on-campus/off-campus students.
- Veteran Events Council: Do you like planning and hosting gatherings for Veterans? Please contact email@example.com to be involved.
- Email updates: Would you like to be updated, via email, about upcoming events? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe. (Feel free to unsubscribe at any time.)
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeteransForChrist
- Student Veterans of America: During the 2016-2017 school year we are looking for Veterans who would be willing to meet approximately 6 times to lay groundwork (mission, vision, etc.) for SVA, with the goal of launching Spring 2017. (SVA is a national organization: http://studentveterans.org) We’re looking for writers, leaders, and strategists to help with this process. Contact email@example.com for more details, including time-commitment level.
Veterans' Welcome Back Lunch
Location: SUB Patio
Thursday, February 16, 12pm-1:30pm
Welcome to Spring Semester 2017 and welcome back to classes! We are excited to see everyone again and are looking forward to sharing with you our experience at the SVA (Student Veterans of America) conference this year and hearing from you about some ideas you may have for our Veteran community here at Biola for this semester.
Please join us in the SUB Patio on Thursday, February 16 from 12-1:30 for a delicious lunch and great company. All present and former military personnel invited - grad, undergrad, student, staff, and faculty.
Our Past Gatherings
Veterans' Southern BBQ Lunch
Location: Middle SUB Patio
THURSDAY, APRIL 14 2016, NOON
You're invited to join other Veterans for a casual southern barbecue, hosted by Bon Appetit. Come and go as you'd like! Come meet other Biola Student Veterans and get connected at Biola! Come and go as you need… Undergrad and grad, residential and off-campus Veterans--all are welcome.
For Event Pictures: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeteransForChrist
The goal in 2014-2015 was to connect Veterans to other Veterans... and to see what interest there is for Veteran support and programming on campus. We also hoped to make Veterans more aware of resources available to them.
A Veterans Event Council formed out of our first gathering (Veteran's Get Together in September), and they did an excellent job of hosting the next two events (Veteran's Fall Out and St. Patty's Day Bash) for the Biola Veteran community. We had great times at these events and at an end-of-the-year barbecue for those who braved uncharacteristic SoCal torrential rain!