Biola Veterans...We are proud you are here and we thank you for your service!
Biola University is approved as a degree-granting institution for the attendance of veterans under Title 38, U.S. Code. The California State Approving Agency for Veterans Education (SAA) has also authorized the university for the attendance of veterans and veterans' dependents.
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35 - Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 31 - VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 1606 - Selected Reserve
NOTE: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Yellow Ribbon School
- Biola is a Yellow Ribbon participating school. Veterans who are eligible under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® at the 100% benefit rate can apply for the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship.
- Biola offers unlimited scholarships for all eligible students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Through the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship, Biola will contribute up to 50% of a veteran’s unmet tuition and eligible fees after the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and other tuition-specific aid is applied. The Department of Veterans Affairs will then match Biola’s contribution. The student will receive a tuition-free Biola education as long as the student is eligible for military benefits and maintains satisfactory progress, conduct and continuous enrollment.
- For scholarship information, please contact the Military Benefits Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ahmanson Veterans’ Scholarship
- Biola also participates in the Ahmanson Veterans Scholarship Initiative, offering scholarships, Collegium memberships, and counseling assistance to veterans with Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits who demonstrate financial need.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office for eligibility.
Military Benefits Coordinator (The Office of the Registrar)
- Services: Veterans or dependents of veterans who plan to enroll in the University are urged to contact the Military Benefits Coordinator by calling or by sending a message well in advance of registration so that the necessary arrangements may be made with the Veterans Administration.
- Location: The Office of the Registrar, Metzger Hall, main level.
- Website: Registrar services & staff. | Phone: 562-903-4720
Local Veteran Resources: