Guidelines and Forms
On This Page
Promotion and Tenure
Promotions and tenure are processed through Interfolio. Below you will find applications and forms related to the promotion and tenure process and the professional development plan. We have also provided helpful and relevant faculty handbook links, additional information can be found in the faculty handbook.
- Promotion process for within rank and across rank promotion (Section 8.4.4)
- Minimum requirements and promotion points (Section 8.4.3)
- Promotion Across Rank Application
- Within Rank Promotion Criteria Point Summary
- Tenure (Section 8.5)
- Biola University Tenure Application
- Faculty Response to Biola’s Theological Positions
Professional Development Plan
The Professional Development Plan (PDP), previously known as the Annual Report, is completed by faculty at the end of each academic year. Below is the PDP template and a couple of helpful Faculty Handbook sections.
- Professional Development Plan Template
- Categories of Promotion Criteria, Section 8.4.2
- Performance Development Plan (PDP), Section 8.6.1
For any questions regarding the Professional Development Plan, please contact email@example.com.
Research Grants and Leaves
Below you will find applications and forms related to grants, sabbaticals and seventh semester leaves. For school-level grants, please connect with your dean or program chair.
- 2021–22 Provost Grant Application (Deadline date to submit: Monday, November 29, 2021)
- 2021–22 Innovation Grant Application (Deadline date to submit: Monday, November 29, 2021)
- 2021-22 Faculty Research & Development Grant Application (Deadline date to submit: Friday, January 14, 2022)
- Faculty Conference 2021 – Grant Funding Slides
- Fundraising for Grants
- Sabbatical and Seventh Semester Leaves
Before conducting your research, be sure to check the Institutional Review Board page to ensure the correct ethical and approval procedures are adhered to. For additional information on human subject payments or gift cards purchased for the purpose of distributing to research participants, please review the following policies:
For additional support and questions related to these forms, you can contact the Office of Academic Research and Grants.