(562) 903-6000 Ext. 5804
Rose Hall (next to Mosaic Cultural Center)
8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. (Monday–Friday)
8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. (Monday–Thursday)
8:30 a.m.–12 p.m. (Friday)
Offices are closed on observed holidays.
Published by this Department
What is Global Student Programs and Development?
Global Student Programs and Development (GSPD) is a department dedicated to seeing global students thriving in a more globally minded community at Biola.
We exist to serve, equip & empower global students toward whole-person, intercultural development. We do this by:
- Providing transition services to California and Biola University, including orientations and workshops
- Connecting global students to a network of university and community resources
- Facilitating community-building opportunities among global students
- Empowering students in intercultural identity development through community groups and leadership development
- Offering cultural awareness events for the entire Biola community
Who are Global Students?
Here at Biola, "global student" is mainly used to refer to students who has spent a significant period of their developmental years in a country or culture other than the U.S. Some examples are F1 Visa students, MK's, and TCK's.
- Over 600 global students attend Biola University
- More than 20 faculty/staff are originally from countries outside the U.S.
- 40+ home countries are represented
- Dozens of languages are spoken here every day