What is Global Student Programs and Development?
Global Student Programs and Development (GSPD) is a department dedicated to seeing global students thriving in a more globally minded community at Biola.
We exist to serve, equip & empower global students toward whole-person, intercultural development. We do this by:
- Providing transition services to California and Biola University, including orientations
- Facilitating community-building opportunities among global students
- Organizing workshops on academic and cultural topics
- Offering cultural awareness events for the entire Biola community
- Connecting global students to a network of university and community resources
- Empowering students in intercultural identity development through community groups and leadership development
Who are Global Students?
Here at Biola, "global student" is mainly used to refer to students who has spent a significant period of their developmental years in a country or culture other than the U.S. Some examples are F1 Visa students, MK's, and TCK's.
- Over 600 global students attend Biola University
- More than 20 faculty/staff are originally from countries outside the U.S.
- 40+ home countries are represented
- Dozens of languages are spoken here every day
Director, Global Student Programs & Development
Graduate Student Coordinator