B.S. in Allied Health/Pre-OT Concentration
What is an Allied Health Major?
The B.S. in Allied Health degree at Biola forges a clear path for students who want to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the Occupational Therapy field. Occupational therapy is a discipline that seeks to provide rehabilitation for people experiencing barriers to meaningful activities due to physical injuries or difficulties with cognitive or mental illnesses.
Professionals in Occupational Therapy play a critical role in the healthcare system, providing essential support to patients of all ages in remediating physical, neurological, emotional and even spiritual obstacles.
Yes! Tell Me More!
Why Choose Allied Health at Biola?
The B.S. in Allied Health places Christ-like compassion at the core of holistic healthcare, helping people get back into living active, healthy lives. The program offers several key advantages:
- Collaborative Healthcare Opportunities. In addition to taking courses with future nurses, physical therapists and doctors, the Health Careers Club also provides abundant opportunities to explore the breadth of health careers and the interconnectedness of these careers.
- Bring Faith to Work. Infuse one of Christ’s missions - to heal and serve the hurting- in a field that supports patients as they overcome physical, mental and neurological barriers so they can enjoy meaningful daily activities again.
- Discover by Doing. Get hands-on training using real occupational therapy equipment—like helping patients overcome obstacles in Activities of Daily Living (ADL) or treating diverse sensory processing disorders.
- Stand out in Graduate School Applications. Allied Health professions often require graduate degrees. Be equipped with the experience to stand out when applying to master’s and doctoral programs in allied health disciplines at major national universities.
- Be Mentored by Expert Faculty. Our caring faculty integrates their Christian faith into their lives as researchers, teachers and ministers in local or global communities.
- Biola Office Of Health Professions Advising. Our faculty advisors are available every step of the way to ensure that your course work, internships, and extra-curricular activities will make you stand out as an excellent graduate school candidate.
What Will I Study?
The B.S. in Allied Health will teach you the basics of therapeutic techniques needed to help patients improve their self-sufficiency in daily activities at work, home or school.
The B.S. in Allied Health degree will prepare graduates to enter and excel in graduate school with confidence in their academic knowledge, practical skills and faith integration. Professions in the Allied Health discipline consistently rank high as one of the top and recession-proof jobs in the nation.
- Occupational Therapist
- Wellness Manager
- Healthcare Administrator
- Clinical Manager
- Operations Manager
- Clinic Manager
- Fitness Manager
- Clinical Coordinator
- Program Director
- Practice Administrator
- Healthcare Operations Manager
- Patient Access Manager
- Director Of Operations
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Health Services Administrator
- Patient Services Manager
- Credentialing Coordinator