Online Bachelor's Degrees Admissions Requirements
If you're interested in applying to one of Biola University's online bachelor's degree programs, look no further. On this page you'll find information about:
- Must be a Christian.
The applicant's statement of faith will be articulated in the personal essay section of the application.
- Know your student type.
First time freshman are students that have less than 15 transferable college credits. Transfers are students that have more than 15 transferable college credits.
- Meet the GPA requirements.
Students applying as a first-time freshman (less than 15 transferable college credits) must have a 3.0 high school GPA. Students applying as a transfer student (more than 15 transferable college credits) must have a cumulative 2.5 college GPA.
Up to 70 credits of work from other accredited colleges or universities can be applied to your degree. Ask your admissions counselor for transfer credit guidelines.
- Course Information:
- Your courses must be from an accredited institution.
- You must have earned a grade of “C” or better in the course.
- Explore our Transfer Course Equivalency Tool (TES) to see which of your courses will transfer to Biola, and be sure to speak with your admissions counselor about your transfer courses.
- You must order an official copy of your transcripts from each school you have attended.
- Transcripts are only “official” when they are mailed directly to Biola from each school. No hand-carried or 2nd person transcripts can be accepted.
- Completing your AA degree at a community college might not satisfy all your general education requirements at Biola. Contact your admissions counselor for more information.
Credit for Prior Learning
Biola recognizes that learning gained outside the traditional classroom setting is a valuable part of every person’s education. To learn more on how to earn credits based on your work and life experiences, visit the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) website.
CLEP/DANTES, AP and IB Exams
Biola University recognizes The College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), which is funded through the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES). Credit for CLEP/DANTES general examinations will be awarded only in those areas where a general education requirement has not been met with previous college coursework and only up to the amount needed to complete the requirement. Biola accepts an approved scaled score of 50 or higher (higher score required where designated).
Biola University recognizes the merits of the Advanced Placement Program and will grant credit for AP exams taken in high school. Credit will be given when an AP exam grade is 3 or higher.
Biola University recognizes the merits of the International Baccalaureate (IB) and will grant credit for Diploma Programme exams taken during the final two years of high school. Credit will be given when the IB grade is 5 or higher.
A maximum of 32 credits may be transferred from these exams.