Brass Chamber Music
These 5 top brass players (two trumpets, horn, trombone, tuba) are used as a mobile small ensemble for numerous performances on and off campus each year. Their repertoire includes powerful sacred and the best of standard brass quintet literature. This ensemble gives students the foundation needed to access much of the standard brass quintet performance practices.
- Quintets No. 1, 2, 3 by Victor Ewald
- Quintet by Malcolm Arnold
- Sextet by Oscar Boehme
- Scherzo by John Cheetham
- Centones by various composers
- Lighter literature by various composers
- Sacred literature by various composers
The Tuba Quartet comprised of two euphoniums and two tubas plays standard and eclectic repertoire written for this standard combination of instruments. They have traveled to International Tuba and Euphonium Conferences (ITEC) to perform and are always a hit wherever they play. Coached by an LA professional tuba player, our students are learning the skills necessary to compete in today's music circles.
- Golliwogg’s Cakewalk by Claude Debussy, arr. Schmidt
- Le Secret by Leonard Gautier, arr. Werden
- Ave Verum by W.A. Mozart, arr. Sabourin
- Bacchanale by Camille Saint-Saiens, arr. Wilson
- Canzona, La Spiritata by Giovanni Gabrieli, arr. Rauch
- Pilgrimage and Reunion by Barbara York