Mission, History and Accreditation
Mission and History
The Biola Conservatory of Music is a community of artist-teachers and gifted young musicians striving for the highest artistic achievement to the glory of God.
- To develop in each student a level of performance skill — as both soloist and ensemble member, with emphasis on interpretive ability and familiarity with various western musical styles — commensurate with their talent, degree program and career goals.
- To develop in each student a foundation in music theory and composition, aural skills, history and literature.
- To develop in each student the ability to write, critically think and articulate ideas about music.
- To develop in each student basic keyboard and vocal skills.
- To develop in each student an awareness and understanding of music technology appropriate to their primary area of study.
- To develop in each student an awareness of music from other cultures.
- To develop in each student the ability to integrate faith and learning.
All of our programs are accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Additionally, the B.M. in Music Education is accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC):
B.A. in Music
- Commercial Music
B.A. in Theatre
- Acting for Stage and Screen
- Musical Theatre
- Theatre Design and Technology
B.M. in Music Composition
- New Media
- B.M. in Music Education
B.M. in Music Performance
- B.M. in Music Therapy
- B.M. in Worship Arts
- Minor in Applied Music
- Minor in Contemporary Worship Music
- Minor in Music
- Minor in Theatre