BDC & Biola Cheer Tryouts
- Audition Date: Sunday, May 7, 2017
- Time: 9 a.m. (Check in and Registration begin at 8:30 a.m. in gym lobby.)
- Location: Biola Chase Gymnasium (Near the Soccer field)
The following forms must be signed by every dancer and legal guardian (as applicable) prior to auditioning.
Links will be sent to help you learn all material for either cheer or dance before you arrive. There will be a small review before you audition.
Anyone interested in trying out for the Biola Dance Crew and/or Biola Cheer Program must meet the following requirements:
We are looking for well rounded spirited boys and girls with experience in studio dance, tumbling, song leading, cheerleading, and/or competitive cheer or dance experience who LOVE the Lord Jesus Christ.
Candidates must enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester units, 9 of which must be at Biola University in both the fall and spring semesters. (Candidates may choose to be concurrently enrolled at Biola University and another Junior College, State College, or University; however they must maintain a minimum of 9 semester units at Biola while maintaining a minimum of 3 additional semester units at said institution.).
Candidates must maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 in all college level units attempted, completed, and awarded a letter grade.
If you are interested in auditioning, please email BiolaDanceCrew@biola.edu for more information.
Dance Audition Material
Cheer Audition Material
- All those interested in auditioning must learn the material from the link on the BDC Tryout Page. The links will no longer be available on May 7. Upon arrival on May 7 there will be a review of all the provided material.
- The Audition Material link is given as an opportunity to learn in advance before the audition date to aid you in the audition process.
- Please use Audition Material to complete the audition process and be prepared by learning the material prior to the audition date. The goal is to allow you to be as comfortable as possible with the material prior to audition date.
Interested in Video Submission?
Download Video Submission Instructions
- Learn the material from the link on the BDC Tryout Page. The links will no longer be available on May 7.
- Record yourself performing the material one full time through. All submissions that are incomplete will be judged on the material completed.
- Video submission is an option for those who cannot physically be present at the May 7 audition date.
- Please see video audition material link above for cheer or dance to complete the audition process.
- Once your video is received you will get a confirmation of receipt. Please check your email for team results by early–mid May.
Please note the time limit for submission and learning is to be fair to those learning in person as well as learning online.