- 2018 Talbot Awards Chapel Recipients
May 15, 2018
- Professor Sean McDowell Helps His Father Rewrite Book Showing The Truth Behind Jesus’ Life
May 1, 2018 — Josh and Sean McDowell teamed up to update Josh McDowell’s book “Evidence That Demands A Verdict”
- Biola’s M.A. in Christian Apologetics and M.A. in Science and Religion programs receive ATS (Association of Theological Schools) accreditation
March 7, 2018 — Both programs join Talbot School of Theology to form a strengthened academic partnership.
- What Do Academia, Pop Culture and Television Production Have in Common?
February 19, 2018 — Talbot Ph.D. alumna Malachy Williams' story is featured on FOX news.
- Gary McIntosh Publishes New Book on Church Growth
January 24, 2018 — Professor addresses how being a healthy church is not the answer to a declining and plateauing growth in the church in new book
- Professor Publishes Book on “Why We Need the Church to Become More Like Jesus”
January 22, 2018 — Joseph Hellerman reflects on his years of study and research in new book
- Christianity Today Recognizes Professors’ Book “Winsome Persuasion”
January 9, 2018 — Professors Rick Langer and Tim Muehlhoff’s new book received an award of merit in the magazine’s 2018 book awards
- Doctoral Education Discussions Hosted at Biola University
October 5, 2017 — Doctoral program directors and faculty strengthen one another and programs through CCCU forum
- Philosopher and Theologian William Lane Craig Named in Biola’s First Endowed Chair
August 23, 2017 — A permanent faculty position at Talbot School of Theology will be held in honor of William Lane Craig, a world-renowned philosopher and theologian.
- Director for the Center for the Study of the Work and Ministry of the Holy Spirit Today Announced
July 24, 2017 — After an extensive national search, Biola University has selected Oscar Merlo as the director for the Center for the Study of the Work and Ministry of the Holy Spirit Today, effective July 17.
- Talbot Relaunches Alumni Magazine
June 13, 2017 — Dean Clint Arnold Shares Vision of Talbot Magazine.
- 2017 Talbot Awards Chapel Recipients
May 23, 2017
- Talbot School of Theology Reduces Credit Requirement Starting Fall 2017
May 3, 2017 — New students have the opportunity to complete a Talbot School of Theology degree in less time and more affordably due to a change in required credit hours starting in Fall 2017.
- Talbot Launches Fully Online Programs for the First Time in Fall 2017
April 12, 2017 — For the first time, Biola University’s Talbot School of Theology will offer four fully online master’s degree programs beginning in fall 2017. The four programs offered online — Bible Exposition, New Testament, Theology (Greek Track), and Theology (Non-Greek Track) — will allow students to have easy access to obtaining their master’s degree without ever stepping foot on campus.
- Darian Lockett Publishes New Book on the Catholic Epistles
February 22, 2017 — Professor provides insight on the collection of Letters from the Pillar Apostles.
- 2016 Talbot Awards Chapel Recipients
May 17, 2016
- New Heart, Mind & Soul Track for D.Min. Students to Launch in Spring 2017
November 9, 2016 — In Spring 2017, Biola University’s Talbot School of Theology will offer a new track within the Doctor of Ministry program titled, “Heart, Mind & Soul.” The specialty track gives an opportunity to individuals who work in full-time ministry positions to refine their abilities to better serve their congregation.
- Professors Named as Two of the Most Influential Living Philosophers
September 13, 2016 — Biola University professors William Lane Craig and J.P. Moreland were named two of the most influential living philosophers this month in the article, “The 50 Most Influential Living Philosophers,” published on the website, The Best Schools.
- Dean Clint Arnold, and his son Jeff Arnold co-wrote the new book: “Short Answers to Big Questions about God, the Bible, and Christianity”
October 21, 2015 — Clint Arnold, dean of Talbot School of Theology, and his son, alumnus Jeff Arnold (’08), both have a heart for sharing Christ. A few years ago, they realized a need for an easy-to-read book answering some of the most common questions asked in Christian ministry and evangelism. After three years of hard work, Arnold and Jeff, a high school English teacher, released their book, “Short Answers to Big Questions about God, the Bible, and Christianity,” in September.
- Talbot Faculty Member Releases Commentary
October 9, 2015 — Dr. Joseph Hellerman, Talbot Professor of New Testament Language and Literature, recently released a new commentary on the Greek text of Philippians.
- 2015 Talbot Awards Chapel Recipients
May 13, 2015
- A Tribute to Dr. Robert Saucy
March 16, 2015 — Talbot Faculty and staff reflect on the life and legacy of Dr. Robert L. Saucy.
- University Grieves the Passing of Professor Robert Saucy
March 13, 2015 — Memorial service to be held on Sunday, March 29, from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Offer
December 3, 2014 — The Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing company is offering tools to assist ministers in their teaching and preaching ministries.
- Dr. Scott Rae to present at Faith@Work Summit
October 6, 2014 — Dr. Scott Rae, Talbot Professor of Christian Ethics Dean of the Faculty, and Chair, Philosophy, will participate in the Faith@Work Summit, October 24 & 25 at the Mockler Center at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary.
- Kyle Strobel to Join Talbot Faculty
May 29, 2014 — Talbot School of Theology is pleased to announce that author and theologian Kyle Strobel will join the faculty in fall 2014
- A Tribute to Dennis Dirks
May 22, 2014 — Dennis Dirks has served Biola since 1976. In that time he has been an example of service with with excellence, earning numerous university awards for his leadership and commitment. He is well loved, highly respected, and an admired leader in seminary education.
- 2014 Talbot Student Award Winners
May 13, 2014 — Given to students selected in recognition of outstanding merit and accomplishment as a student at Talbot.
- A Tribute to Richard Leyda
May 8, 2014 — Over the past 24 years Richard has faithfully served Talbot and the Christian Education department.
- Update on Talbot's Extension Site in Ukraine
April 22, 2014 — Mark Saucy, Professor and director of the Kiev extension site, shares how the recent conflict in Ukraine has affected the city of Kiev and how to best pray for the 25 students and greater community in Ukraine.
- Talbot philosophy professor Scott Rae releases new book on ethics and morality.
December 4, 2013 — Scott Rae, professor of Philosophy of Religion and Ethics at Talbot, just released the new book, Doing the Right Thing: Making Moral Choices in a World Full of Options.
- Talbot alumnus challenges Costco Bibles labeled as "fiction"
November 20, 2013 — Pastor Caleb Kaltenbach (M.A. '07) makes local headlines after he challenged Costco for labeling Bibles in their stores as fiction. "I believe that we do need to stand up for our faith and we need to be vocal about our concerns,” explained Kaltenbach.
- William Lane Craig Named "Christian Philosophy's Boldest Apostle"
July 8, 2013 — The July 1, 2013 issue of The Chronicle of Higher Education describes William Lane Craig, Research Professor of Philosophy at Talbot School of Theology, "Christian philosophy's boldest apostle."
- Talbot Names Scott Rae as New Dean of Faculty
May 16, 2013 — Talbot School of Theology is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Scott Rae as its new Dean of Faculty. Dr. Rae succeeds Dr. Michael J. Wilkins, who is stepping down from this administrative role after 21 years of service. Dr. Wilkins will continue teaching at Talbot as Distinguished Professor of New Testament.
- 2013 Talbot Student Award Winners
May 14, 2013 — Every year Talbot recognizes students with exceptional performance both in and out of the classroom.
- Biola joins Talbot School of Theology in a Celebration Installing its Sixth Dean
January 30, 2013 — On January 29, 2013, the Biola community joined Talbot School of Theology to celebrate the installation of Dr. Clinton E. Arnold as its sixth Dean.
- Biola University Professors featured on Day of Discovery television show
December 10, 2012 — Four professors were featured as experts on Christian television show
- Dr. Scott Rae Elected VP of the Evangelical Theological Society
November 20, 2012 — Scott Rae, Chair, Philosophy of Religion and Ethics, has been elected to serve as the next Vice President of the Evangelical Society.
- Professor William Lane Craig Featured in Christian Post
October 25, 2012 — Professor William Lane Craig ‘Eastwoods’ Richard Dawkins.
- Did Jesus Have a Wife? Biola Professor Responds to News Flurry
September 19, 2012 — Gary Manning responds to ancient manuscript that suggests Jesus was married
- Calling All Churches to Civil Engagement
June 5, 2012 — Talbot Alumnus Michael Decker is using his degree to impact his community
- Clinton E. Arnold Named Dean of Talbot School of Theology
May 11, 2012 — Biola professor will assume the role in July
- Talbot Hosts KKLA Pastor's Appreciation Luncheon
May 3, 2012 — KKLA honors pastors and church leaders at their 14th annual appreciation luncheon, featuring speaker Dennis Rainey, President and Founder of Family Life Today.
- Talbot Dean Dennis Dirks Steps Down After 20 Years
April 30, 2012 — Biola celebrates the career of its longest tenured dean
- John Templeton Foundation Awards $3 Million to Biola University
December 21, 2011 — Largest research grant in school’s history funds innovative new Biola University Center for Christian Thought.
- Ephesians Commentary Named One of Preaching Magazine's Top Six Commentaries
November 10, 2011 — Preaching Magazine has named "Ephesians in the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament" by Dr. Clint Arnold, Professor of New Testament Language and Literature Chair, New Testament Department, as one of this year's top six commentaries.
- Biola Dedicates New Talbot School of Theology Building
October 14, 2011 — The innovative structure — now fully funded — will provide more classroom space for Biola’s growing student body
- Dallas Willard Kicks Off Fall 2011 Lecture Series
August 31, 2011 — Dallas Willard, Professor of Philosophy at USC, presents "Why Sin is So Attractive" on September 27.
- Certificate in Messianic Jewish Studies Now Offered in New York
June 6, 2011 — In partnership with Chosen People Ministries, Talbot now offers the Certificate in Messianic Jewish Studies. The certificate is designed as a year of graduate level study for those in preparation for serving in messianic ministry. It is also ideal for increasing one's effectiveness in existing ministry through courses such as Rabbinic Theology, Jewish History, and Elements of Hebrew.
- First Kyiv Talbot Extension Class to Graduate
May 28, 2011 — Biola Celebrates Class of 2011 at Spring Commencement
- 2011 Talbot Student Award Winners
May 17, 2011 — Every year Talbot recognizes students with exceptional performance both in and out of the classroom.
- A New Division at Talbot
May 10, 2011 — Exciting changes are on the horizon at Talbot School of Theology as we prepare for the new fall term. Beginning Fall 2011, the undergraduate Biblical & Theological Studies Department will now become a new division within Talbot.
- Talbot Professors to Appear in “What Jesus Said About Resurrection” TV Series
April 7, 2011 — Day of Discovery will be airing "What Jesus Said About Resurrection," a program series that features Dr. Michael Wilkins and Dr. R. Douglas Geivett.
- Doctoral Student Wins Prestigious Media Award
March 28, 2011 — Malachy Williams named “Black Media Legend” by McDonald’s.
- New Journal Examines Work of Dallas Willard
December 3, 2010 — Biola’s Journal of Spiritual Formation & Soul Care devotes special issue to influential author
- Evangelical Theological Society Stirs up Views on “Justification by Faith”
December 3, 2010 — Biola’s Clint Arnold moderates highly anticipated debate
- ETS President Clint Arnold Weighs in on Justification Debate
A full interview with Clint Arnold about his thoughts about moderating the debate.
- Remembering Jim Mohler
November 9, 2010 — Professor passes away after battle with cancer
- Suffering Seminar Brought to Talbot
November 4, 2010 — Popular undergrad course now offered to Talbot students; Joni Eareckson Tada scheduled to teach
- Christianity Today Features Biola Program in New York
September 30, 2010 — New center offers seminary training for Messianic Jews
- Share "My Journey" Video Contest
September 29, 2010 — The “My Journey” contest is a video submission contest offering the opportunity to share the story of the journey that led you to Biola and compete for a chance to win an iPad.
- U.S. News Names Biola an “Up and Comer”
September 7, 2010 — Biola University has achieved its highest ranking ever from U.S. News & World Report, earning a spot in the top tier of the “Best National Universities” category in the magazine’s newly released “Best Colleges 2011” guide.
- The Great Isaiah Scroll
August 10, 2010 — Penned more than 2,100 years ago, the Great Isaiah Scroll is one of only three complete scrolls from 900 documents that comprise the Dead Sea Scrolls. An exact replica of the Great Isaiah Scroll will be housed at Biola University this fall. The survival of this scroll is a celebrated story throughout the world — and now students and the Biola community will be able to celebrate it firsthand.
- Professor and Pastor Aims to Recover Church as Family
June 8, 2010 — Biola scholar reawakens vision for ancient-future community
- Biola Professor Named One of “Top Twenty Most Brilliant Christian Professors”
May 19, 2010 — Philosophy Professor Listed With Other Notable Influencers
- Wilkins helps veterans fight the war after the war
May 19, 2010 — “Day of Discovery” offers hope to veterans and loved ones
- Talbot East Groundbreaking Ceremony
May 14, 2010 — Following a rapid succession of large commitments totaling $6.4 million, Biola University broke ground on its new Talbot Building complex on Thursday, May 20, 2010.
- How the Christian Worldview Appreciates and Corrects Capitalism
May 11, 2010 — Seasoned professor and alumnus recover a “middle way” for how to understand capitalism
- Education for Human Flourishing Explores Integration of Theology and Philosophy in Education
May 5, 2010 — Prof. Paul Spears gives unique perspectives on faith and learning
- Deep Preaching Considered an Outstanding Tool of Pastors
March 9, 2010 — Professor Rethinks Methods of Preaching
- Christianity in the Greco Roman World Engages Soul and Mind
February 26, 2010 — Professor’s New Book Focuses on Historical Background of New Testament
- Talbot School of Theology Now Offering Classes in Orange County, CA
February 18, 2010 — Our new Orange County extension site will make it more convenient for you to learn from our internationally recognized faculty.
- Biola Faculty and Alumni Receive Christianity Today Book Awards
January 29, 2010 — Biolans Win Two of 12 Awards and One Notable Mention