2014 Talbot Student Award Winners
May 13, 2014
- The David Charles Dunn Memorial Scholarship Award
Given to a student who in God's strength has overcome challenges to enroll in Talbot School of Theology.
- The Gordon Johnson Scholarship Award
Given to a Seminary student performing well academically in one of the Bible-related fields.
Andrew Del Rio
- The Walker Scholarship Award in Outreach
Given to a Seminary student with special interest and ability in the area of outreach, established by the International Fisherman's Club.
- The Alumni Award
Given by the Alumni Association to a continuing student who demonstrates excellence and commitment in his or her Seminary studies.
- The Doctoral Research Excellence Award
Given to the student completing a doctoral dissertation, who, in the opinion of the Talbot Faculty, has shown evidence of comprehensive, thorough, and accurate research methods resulting in a well-written, well-constructed, and well-supported dissertation.
- The Marge Niquette Award in Bible Exposition
Given to the student in the Seminary who has done outstanding work in the Department of Bible Exposition in the final year of training.
- The Audrey Talbot Award in Bible Exposition
Given to the student in the Seminary who does the best work for the year in the Department of Bible Exposition.
- The Society of Professors in Christian Education Award
Given to a graduate student in Christian Education for outstanding academic achievement.
- The Baker Book Award in Christian Education
Given to a graduating senior who has distinguished himself in or herself in the Department of Christian Education.
- The Kenneth D. Archinal Award in Christian Education
Given to an outstanding second year student in the Department of Christian Education.
- The Society of Professors in Christian Education Award in EdD/PhD Studies Program
Given to a graduate student in the Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Education in Educational Studies program for outstanding academic achievement.
- The Rev. and Mrs. David Doerksen Award in Missions
Given to the student in the Seminary who does the best work for the year in the Department of Missions and Intercultural Studies.
- The Robin Finley Memorial Scholarship Award in Missions
Given to a continuing student at Talbot School of Theology who is planning to serve on the mission field.
- The William W. Bass Memorial Scholarship Award
Given to a second or third year student who has demonstrated a keen interest in Philosophy of Religion and/or Theology.
- The Zondervan Award in Biblical Hebrew
Given to an outstanding Talbot student for singular achievement in the study of Biblical Hebrew.
- The John and Jennie Solomon Award in Old Testament
Given to the student in the Seminary who does the best work for the year in the Department of Semitics and Old Testament.
Seung Nam Park
- The Zondervan Award in Greek
Given to an outstanding Seminary student for excellence in the study of Greek.
- Award in New Testament
Given to the student who has done outstanding work in New Testament studies throughout the Seminary program.
- The Baker Book Award in Theology
Given to the graduate who has distinguished himself or herself in the study of theology.
Erik C. Alair
- The Zondervan Award in Theology
Given to the student with the best work for the year in the Department of Systematic Theology.
- Award in Homiletics
Given to the students in the Seminary who have distinguished themselves in preaching.
- Award in Jewish Evangelism
Given to the student who has done outstanding work for the year in the Messianic Jewish Studies Program.
- The Zondervan Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award
Given to the student who produces a thesis of the highest quality at the Th.M., M.Div., or M.A. level. The thesis exhibits superior academic research, coupled with implications for the life of the church.
- The Louis T. Talbot Memorial Scholarship Award
Given to a continuing student preparing for the ministry who has demonstrated academic excellence, exceptional Christian commitment, and zeal for practical ministry.
- The Bill Bynum Memorial Scholarship Award
Given to a Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Education in Educational Studies student who does exemplary work in the study and practice of Christian Education.
- The Dean's Award
Given to the student who has shown excellence in academic studies, faithfulness in Christian service, and in whose life the love of Jesus is reflected.
- The Charles Lee Feinberg Award
Given to the student who best exemplifies the image of a student at Talbot School of Theology.
Andrew Del Rio
- Certificate in Spiritual Formation
Presented to students who have completed the course of academic study in the one-year program known as the "Certificate in Spiritual Formation."
- Award for Excellence in Leadership
Presented to the President of Talbot School of Theology Associated Students in grateful recognition of his or her outstanding contributions and commitment.
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- Samuel Blanco
- Timothy Cadillac
- Angelina Centanni
- Eric Choi
- Brian Crawford
- Nicole Dunaetz
- Chun Fang Cheng
- Jason Friese
- Christopher Gioielli
- Miriam Goossen
- Heather Hartwell
- Nathan Hogan
- Lisa Igram
- Abigail Irwin
- Erin Jantz
- Samuel Jepsen
- Daniel Kim
- Jennifer Kim
- Karo Ku
- Sung Kwon
- David Limbaugh
- Isaiah Lin
- Patrick McDonald
- Russell Miller
- Kelley Miller
- Nathan Mueller
- Janice Munemitsu
- David Myers
- Edward Park
- Cathy Schmidt
- Jason Smith
- David Strobolakos
- Lai Chi Tam