Share "My Journey" Video Contest
September 29, 2010
The “My Journey” contest is a video submission contest offering the opportunity to share the story of the journey that led you to Biola and compete for a chance to win an iPad.
- GENERAL INFO: The contest submission period begins at 12:00 p.m. on September 14, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2010.
- “My Journey” Theme: Each student has a unique story and reasoning why they choose to attend Biola University. “My Journey” video is an opportunity to share some of your testimony why you chose Biola, what makes Biola different, and how you expect Biola will change your life.
- Submission Period (9/14/10 - 10/31/10): Videos are submitted according to the "How to Enter" description below.
- Viewing Period (9/14/10 - 11/8/10): Videos are available for viewing. The five videos with the most views at the end of the viewing period plus most student votes during the on-campus voting period will become "Finalists."
- On-Campus Voting Period (11/9/10 – 11/11/10): Students will vote for their favorite video outside the Café.
- Top five finalist videos will be announced on 11/12/10.
- Judging Period: (11/15/10 - 11/19/10): Finalist videos will be viewed by a panel of judges and will be judged according to the criteria described below. One grand prize winner will be selected.
- One Grand Prize Winner will be announced on 11/22/10.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all currently enrolled Biola students, undergrad and graduate.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit the Biola University YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/biolauniversity during the Submission Period by logging into your YouTube account and posting your entry as a video response to The Journey “Davis” video. You will be required to sign in to YouTube to post a video response. If you do not already have a YouTube account, you will be required to create one.
Video Submission RequirementsVideos must:
- Be a maximum of five minutes in length.
- Be submitted in any format allowed by YouTube.
- Be the entrant's original idea.
- Comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
- Exceed five minutes in play time;
- Contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Feature music that is not originally written, performed and produced by Entrant only; all music featured in any video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis.
- JUDGING PERIOD: The judging period begins on 11/15/10 and ends on 11/19/10. A panel of judges selected by Biola will judge the five finalists and select a grand prize winner based on the following criteria:
- Use of the "My Journey" theme.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: The grand prize winner, as determined by the judges, will be notified by e-mail on November 22, 2010.
- PRIZES: One Grand Prize: One grand prize winner will receive an iPad (16GB, Wi-Fi). The four runners-up will each receive a $25 iTunes card.
- RIGHTS TO SUBMISSION: By submitting your video you grant Biola University non-exclusive license to use it for other promotional purposes. become property of Biola University when submitted.