Woodwind Chamber Music
Woodwind chamber ensembles can be built for any instrumentation to accommodate the needs of the student desiring to dive deeper into the chamber music genre. Duets, trios, quartets and even quintets of varying instrumentation (including piano) from all time periods provide endless possibilities. All are coached by outstanding Conservatory faculty and opportunities to perform in numerous venues abound.
The Woodwind Quintet performs standard literature for flute, oboe, clarinet, F horn and bassoon. This very mobile ensemble may be called upon to perform in a variety of settings ranging from on-campus dedications, ceremonies, banquets or special events, to off-campus community activities or local school concerts.
- Wind Quintet, Op. 88 No. 2 by Anton Reicha
- Wind Quintet, Op. 79 by August Klughardt
- La cheminée du roi René, Op. 205 by Darius Milhaud
- Summer Music, Op. 31 by Samuel Barber
- Quintet for Wind Instruments, Op. 52 by Theodor Blumer
- Wind Quintet by Paul Taffanel
- Wind Quintet, Op. 43 by Carl Nielsen
- Quintet for Winds Nos. 1-4 by David Maslanka
- Quintet for Winds by John Harbison