B.A. in Music
The Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music at Biola's Conservatory of Music is intended for the student who wishes to study music within the liberal arts degree framework. It is appropriate for those who desire a versatile music degree with a wide range of career options and do not have specific professional career goals in the performance, composition, or teaching of music.
- Commercial Music
Why Choose Music at Biola?
- Biola University Conservatory of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- Highly respected, experienced faculty
- Over twenty performance ensembles
- Active chamber music program
- Weekly studio classes
- On-campus performance competitions
- Masterclasses by world-renowned artists
- Supportive community of dedicated Christian musicians
- Close proximity to Los Angeles and access to performances by world-renowned artists in music genres from classical to pop, jazz, and world music
- Minor in Biblical Studies (30 units)
- Special scholarships and awards available for music majors
What Will I Study?
The emphasis of the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music is on a broad coverage of music rather than on specialization in the areas of performance, composition, or education. Consider this degree if your goal is a versatile music degree with a wide range of career options such as musicology, theology, music therapy, or music business. The B.A. Music degree is also well suited for those who desire to double major with music and another degree at Biola. Our supportive community of Christian musicians is the ideal environment for you to study and grow.
The opportunities I had at Biola to participate in multiple ensembles and work as a student leader in those ensembles prepared me for coordinating many projects and programs simultaneously. The chance to serve in Romania with the Biola Symphonic Winds was a life changing experience for me that opened the door to my current ministry and work in Haiti.
B.A. Music '09
Bachelor of Arts Music students go on to a wide variety of careers that are impacting the world for Jesus Christ after graduation, including:
- Music Therapy
- Music Education
- Commercial Music
- Sound Engineering
- Music Production
- Contemporary Music Performance