- April 15-18, 2023
- Hosted By: Traditional Undergraduate Admissions
Cost and Admission
This is a paid event.
Registration for April Biola Bound has reached capacity. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Space for each Biola Bound date is limited. Please wait for a confirmation email from our Biola Bound Assistant (email@example.com) before purchasing airline tickets.
Join prospective students from around the United States as you discover campus, immerse yourself in student life and explore Southern California! To be eligible to participate in Biola Bound, you must commit to the following criteria:
- You must be: a first-time visitor to Biola, a junior or senior in high school or a college student interested in transferring (up to the age of 25), and living out-of-state or in California zip codes 94000–96199.
- Before booking a flight, you must hear from us regarding space available for the Biola Bound of your choice. Biola Bound is a popular program with limited capacity, and we reserve the right to refuse registration.
- Your flight must arrive at LAX on Saturday between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. On Tuesday, your flight must depart LAX between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. *We may not be able to provide you with transportation if you choose to arrive earlier or depart later than these time frames.
- To be eligible for *flight reimbursement of up to $500, you must register for Biola Bound, visit Biola during one of the four Biola Bound weekends, participate in all Biola Bound program events and enroll at Biola University. Your online registration must be completed and received by Biola no later than 3 weeks prior to the Saturday of your preferred Biola Bound. *Reimbursement will happen automatically during the student's first semester at Biola.
- You must submit a $135 registration fee which covers housing, local transportation, on-campus meals and a ticket to Disneyland. It is also recommended you bring at least $60 for off-campus meals and spending money.
- Note for parents/guardians: This program is designed for students only. If it is important that you accompany your student to visit our school, we suggest that you look into one of our other visit events, or set up an individual visit.
Vaccine & Testing:
We strongly recommend that Biola Bound registrants be fully vaccinated and boosted, if eligible, before participating in this event, however it is not required.
Liability Release Waivers:
In addition, all participants will need to sign a Liability Release Waiver. This waiver will include information regarding the student’s overnight visit and an acknowledgment of COVID-19 risks. The Liability Release Waiver and Symptoms Check form must be filled out before arrival to campus.
In the event of a Student Showing Symptoms During Their Visit.
Should any student begin to show symptoms during their visit on campus, we will begin the process of isolating as soon as we are notified. We will follow the same isolation process that is in place for current Biola students. We will notify the students' parents or legal guardians immediately in order for you to take the next steps. There will be two options for next steps:
Plan #1 — If a student begins exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms during Biola Bound, our Student Health Center will administer a COVID-19 test free of charge. Should the test result come back positive, a parent or legal guardian will need to fly out to pick up the student and take them off campus to recover from infection at an off campus location.
Plan #2 — If a student begins exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms during Biola Bound, our Student Health Center will administer a COVID-19 test free of charge. If the student receives a positive test result, they will be moved to our on-campus quarantine residence rooms and will be in the care of our Health Center Covid Response Team for the duration of the course of their infection (approximately 5-10 days) If the student is well and tests negative then they could be cleared at 5 days. Please visit our Quarantine and Isolation page for more information on what this process entails. This plan comes with an additional cost for room and board for care on campus. Parents and legal guardians will need to select which plan they would like to establish as the plan in place for their student before finalizing registration for Biola Bound.
Should You Need to Cancel Your Trip Due to a Positive Test Result or a Recent Exposure:
If a student tests positive or experiences a recent exposure to someone who tests positive, before traveling to campus we ask that your student stay home. The student will not be permitted to campus or be able to participate in Biola Bound activities. If you would like to reschedule your Biola Bound participation to one of our other available Biola Bound dates (if there is space available), then your registration could be moved to a later Biola Bound date. If not, and you need to cancel your Biola Bound participation altogether, we will provide a full refund for the Biola Bound registration fee. However, airline fees will not be refunded by Biola. If this were to be the case, we would suggest looking into one of our other visit events, or set up an individual visit as an alternative opportunity.
Contact Biola Bound Assistant at:
(562) 903-4752 x.3866
What to Expect!
Over the course of this four-day event, you will have the opportunity to tour campus, stay overnight in the dorms, eat in the cafeteria, meet current students and faculty, have your admissions and financial aid questions answered by an Admissions Counselor and even visit Disneyland! More than that, you will be immersed in the dynamic academic and spiritual community at Biola. Ultimately, we hope this experience will help you determine if Biola is the right university for you.
As a reminder, in order to participate in Biola Bound you must be: a first-time visitor to Biola, a junior or senior in high school or a college student interested in transferring (up to the age of 25), and living out-of-state or in California zip codes 94000–96199. Before booking a flight, you must hear from us regarding space available for the Biola Bound of your choice. Biola Bound is a popular program with limited capacity, and we reserve the right to refuse registration.
- Day 1: You'll get a taste of Southern California right after you step off of the plane. You’ll be picked up by our Admissions Staff and our current student Ambassadors from the Airport and then head to lunch or go for an afternoon treat. After a quick introduction to Southern California, you'll make your way to campus and take a campus tour, grab dinner and get to meet fellow students during Biola Bound Orientation.
- Day 2: Your day will begin with a visit to a church local to the Biola area, and then you'll have lunch at a Southern California staple, In-N-Out! From there you’ll spend the rest of the day at Disneyland!
- Day 3: Monday is dedicated to being your Biola day! You'll visit classes and chapel, interact with current Biola students, meet professors from your intended major over lunch and get to ask them questions. You can also connect with your admissions counselors and take a dorm tour!
- Day 4: Grab breakfast in the Caf and then make your way back to LAX with our Admissions Staff!