Summer Residency is the on campus lecture portion of our three part hybrid residency courses held at Biola University the last two full weeks of June. Residency is the highlight of the academic year for our students with stimulating lectures, plus the opportunity to network with our top-ranked faculty and fellow students. Summer Residency is flexible for the busy student, it can be accomplished in as few as two summers or split up over several years as your schedule allows.
- Benefit from dynamic in-person lectures and discussions.
- Learn from the top experts in each subject and fellowship with them over lunch.
- Build community with fellow students from around the world.
- Enjoy Biola’s beautiful Southern California campus.
- Participate in fun activities like banquets, game nights, faculty panel lunches, and student-led BBQ’s; day trips to popular destinations like Disneyland, Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, the beach, and more!
- What will my schedule be like during residency?
Lecture sessions generally take place between 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m., with regular breaks. Our Special Topics evening lectures take place from 6:30–8:30 p.m., Monday–Thursday. Sunday is a free day.
- Are housing and meal options available for purchase?
Yes, affordable Biola apartment housing and meal plans are available during your time on campus.
- Can I bring my family?
Yes, families are welcome to join us! Limited housing is available for families (application required), and lectures are open for family members to join.
See More FAQs