Composition (Piano), B.M.
In the composition department at Biola, you can tailor your education to what fits your interests. Since I was particularly interested in writing for musical theatre, I spent much of my time during my last year honing my songwriting skills. Although I focused more on composing for theatre, I felt like my experience studying composition at Biola was very well rounded and I had the chance to write in many genres and for many instruments/ensembles as well.
- M.F.A. (Musical Theatre Writing) Candidate, New York University
- B.M. Composition, Biola University
- B.A. Music Education, Seattle Pacific University
- Additional studies at The Contemporary Music Center (Martha's Vineyard, MA)
- The Society of Composers and Lyricists (SCL)
Awards / Honors
- The ASCAP Foundation Max Dreyfus Scholarship, '2015/16
- SCI/ASCAP Commission Competition finalist – Reflections of Autumn, 2014
- Best Original Score Nominee – Biola Film Festival, 2014 – god
- BMI Musical Theater Workshop Audition – 2013
- Best Original Score Nominee – Southeastern 180 Film Festival, 2013 – Is This Seat Taken?
- Composition Contest 2nd Place – Biola University Conservatory of Music, 2012 & 2013
- PRISM Contest Winner – Biola University Conservatory of Music, 2012
- Professional Ensemble Recording Competition Winner – Biola University, 2012
- Featured Violin Soloist – Seattle Pacific University Jazz Ensemble, 2008
- President’s Honor’s Quartet – Violist, Seattle Pacific University, 2005/2006 & 2008/2009
- Washington State Music Teacher’s Association Composition Competition 3rd Place, 2002