- Assistant Professor, Music and Symphonic Winds Director
- DMA, University of Cincinnati
- M.M., Arizona State University
- BME, The University of Northwestern
- B.A., The University of Northwestern
Dr. Karl Meyers currently serves as the director of instrumental studies and music education at Biola University, conducting the symphonic winds, teaching music education classes and overseeing the aforementioned programs. Prior to teaching at Biola, Meyers served as the interim assistant director of bands at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Meyers completed his Doctor of Musical Arts in...
- Associate Professor and Director of Choral Activities
- Director, Choral Activities
- Director, Biola University Chorale and Vocal Jazz
- D.M.A., University of Southern California
- M.M., Eastman School of Music
- B.S., John Brown University
Dr. Shawna Stewart is the Director of Choral Studies at Biola University in La Mirada, CA where she conducts the Biola University Chorale and the Vocal Jazz Ensemble. Under her direction, the Biola University Chorale performed at the 2016 Western Region Conference of the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA), the National Collegiate Choral Organization’s (NCCO) 7th Biennial National...
- Adjunct Professor, Music Education
- M.A., Educational Administration, University of La Verne
- B.A., Elementary Education with concentration in Music, California State University, Long Beach
- Preliminary Administrative Credential, University of La Verne
- Life Credential from California State University, Long Beach
Susan Craig has been a music educator for over 50 years teaching students as young as age 2. She has written curriculum, published recorder books and given many workshops at the local and state levels. She was a part time music professor at Cal State University of Fullerton for 16 years before coming to Biola.
Her favorite role has been as a student teacher supervisor. "Guiding and mentoring...
- Adjunct Professor, Music History
- Ph.D. Musicology, University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
- M.A. Music History and Literature, University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
- B.M. Violin Performance, Biola University (La Mirada, CA)
- B.S. Mathematics, Biola University (La Mirada, CA)
Leonora Wagner completed a doctorate in historical musicology (2012) at the University of Southern California with a dissertation focusing on the writings and music of Michael Praetorius in relation to congregational singing in Lutheran Germany during the late sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries. While in graduate school she was awarded both the USC Provost Fellowship and the...
Music History I
Music History II