B.S. in Accounting
Accounting is a complex, in-demand career — one that requires a high level of technical skill and ethical standards. As a Biola accounting major, you’ll develop the expertise needed to oversee the budgeting, taxes and financial reports for a variety of businesses and organizations. And with an additional year of study after graduation, you can seamlessly earn a Master of Professional Accountancy, which meets the academic requirements for becoming a certified public accountant (CPA).
Yes! Tell Me More!
Why Choose Accounting at Biola?
In addition to its strong curriculum, expert faculty members and biblical integration, Biola’s accounting program offers several key advantages:
- Biola accounting graduates have a very high job placement record — including placement with the Big Four national accounting firms — due in part to their reputation of being trustworthy, skilled workers.
- The Biola Accounting Society is a great resource that hosts meetings with local professionals, offers career guidance and sponsors an annual “Meet the Firms” event featuring national, regional and local CPA firms.
- Accounting graduates can seamlessly enter Biola’s Master of Professional Accountancy degree, a year-long program that meets state academic requirements for becoming a CPA.
- Biola’s Crowell School of Business has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) since 1997.
What Will I Study?
Throughout the accounting program, there will be a focus on business law, mathematics, economics and accounting principles. Some of the topics and course highlights include:
- Corporate accounting concepts and techniques
- The legal and regulatory environment of business
- Strategic management through research
- Digital communication strategies
- Estate taxation
- International trade and accounting
- Supply and demand analysis
- Principles of management in a global environment
- Ethics and faith in business practices
Biola's accounting program does an excellent job of preparing students for the workforce. Professors willingly help you in your studies, your recruiting and any other questions you may have.
Many career opportunities in audit, tax, consulting, business, government and law await future graduates of Biola's accounting program. As a well-equipped professional, you can expect to impact the world for Jesus Christ in professions such as:
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
- Financial planner
- Financial analyst
- Forensic and fraud accountant
- Financial consultant
What are Graduates Doing Now?
Many Crowell School of Business students pursue graduate studies while others have moved directly into professional roles at major corporations. Highlights include:
- Ernst & Young
- Grant Thorton
- Walt Disney