Accelerated M.A. in Intercultural Studies
Students who have earned a B.A. in Intercultural Studies can earn a master’s degree in as little as 12 months with the “4+1” plan. This is an accelerated master’s program for students majoring in intercultural studies offered by the Cook School of Intercultural Studies at Biola University.
Who can enroll in the accelerated program?
Current Biola students who completed the B.A. in Intercultural Studies program can enroll in the accelerated M.A. in Intercultural Studies program. In addition, Biola is partnered with Emmaus Bible College and Union University for their students who completed the B.A. in Intercultural Studies program to enroll in Biola's accelerated program.
Emmaus Bible College
Why pursue a master’s degree at Cook School of Intercultural Studies?
- Deepen and Develop Your Focus and Research. Students will gain an international perspective as they develop their research and writing skills through analyzing specific cross-cultural issues.
- Continue Working While Completing the Program. Flexible and convenient, students have the option to take classes online or in a hybrid format with in-person lectures held on campus or at a global learning center.
- Complete the Program at a Faster Pace. Students who have earned at least 18 credits or a bachelor’s degree in intercultural studies may have their graduate program reduced from 39 to 30 credits.
Students will select from a variety of courses to fit both their personal interests and professional needs by engaging in courses such as:
- Theology of Mission
- Cross-Cultural Leadership
- Economic Anthropology
- Culture Change
- History of the World Christian Movement
This degree will equip you with interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, live and work in culturally diverse contexts. Here are a few possible career paths to consider:
- International Development
- Non-Profit Service
- Missions Pastor
- Cross-Cultural Church Leader
- International Business
- Community Development
- Youth or Multiethnic Church Ministry