Admissions Requirements for Doctoral Programs
Admission to Rosemead’s doctoral programs is competitive. To be considered for admission, you need to be a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ and must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an average grade of at least "B" (i.e., 3.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology or a closely related field are welcome to apply for entrance without any further prerequisite course fulfillment. Applicants with a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in an unrelated field must achieve a passing grade (C- or better) in five basic psychology courses (15 credits).
- Four required courses in:
- General Psychology (introductory course)
- Statistics in Psychology
- Experimental Psychology (or Research Methods)
- Abnormal Psychology
- One additional course in any of the following (or related coursework):
- Theories of Personality
- Cognitive Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Multicultural Psychology
- Four required courses in:
- Submit test scores (if applicable)
- Ph.D. – Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing) are required for Rosemead Ph.D. applicants from a test taken within the last five years.
- Psy.D. – The GRE is optional for applicants to the Rosemead Psy.D. program (scores can be submitted if students feel that they will strengthen their application overall).
- Students are not required to take the GRE subject test in psychology.
- Non-native English speakers must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). TOEFL scores must be 100IBT/ 250CBT/ 600 paper-based or higher and IELTS scores must be 7.5. All test scores must be received by the Office of Graduate Admissions by the deadline. It is recommended that students take the required tests at least six weeks before the deadline.
- Submit four letters of recommendation on forms provided by the school:
- Two academic references (should be written by a faculty member)
- One pastoral reference (should be written by a pastor, spiritual director, a ministry/church leader, or a bible study/small group leader)
- One character reference (can be written by anyone except a family member)
- Submit a curriculum vitae or resume (required)
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Early Action Deadline||November 1 ($65 application fee is waived; use code "RSMDEARLY23")|
|Regular Deadline||December 1|
*PhD/PsyD General Information Session and Faculty & Student Panels. Please RSVP under the News & Events tab.
|Interviews||Will take place in January and February|
|Admissions Decisions||Decisions will be made by the end of March|
Ready to apply?
Here are your step-by-step application instructions for Rosemead’s doctoral programs.
There are additional steps and requirements to keep in mind if you’re an international student.