Admission to Rosemead’s doctoral programs is competitive. To be considered for admission, you must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an average grade of at least "B" (i.e., 3.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- Present an undergraduate degree with a major in psychology. We highly recommend courses in developmental psychology, measurement theory, history of psychology, physiological psychology or a year of biology/zoology. If possible, undergraduate courses in Old and New Testament survey and hermeneutics will strengthen the student's preparation for Rosemead.
- If student does not present an undergraduate degree with a major in psychology, an applicant must complete 18 hours of credit in the following psychology courses:
- General (introductory) Psychology
- Statistical Methods
- Experimental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Cognition and Learning
- All applicants must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Aptitude Test and Writing Test. Applicants are not required to take the subject-specific test. Competitive scores are 302 for Psy.D. and 308 for Ph.D. Non-native English speakers must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). TOEFL scores must be 100IBT/ 250CBT/ 600 paper-based or higher and IELTS scores must be 7.5. All test scores must be received by the Office of Graduate Admissions by the deadline. It is recommended that students take the required tests at least three weeks before the deadline.
- Submit four letters of recommendation on forms provided by the school. Two of these are academic references, and two are character references (pastor and personal friend).
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Early Action Deadline||November 1 ($65 application fee is waived, use code: RSMDEARLY20)|
|Regular Deadline||December 1|
|Information Sessions||January 28th and February 25th|
*REQUIRED to come to one session. Please RSVP under the News & Events tab.
|Interviews||Will take place in January and February|
|Admissions Decisions||Decisions will be made by March|
Ready to apply?
Here are your step-by-step application instructions for Rosemead’s doctoral programs.
There are additional steps and requirements to keep in mind if you’re an international student.