Christian Educators of the 20th Century
Welcome to the Christian Educators of the 20th Century database. This project covers approximately 215 Protestant, Roman Catholic and Orthodox educators who have helped shape Christian religious education since the founding of the Religious Education Association in 1903. Designed to help facilitate research in this broad field, entries include biographical essays, bibliographies, excerpts and assessments of each person’s influence on Christian education. This project has a peer-review board and is funded by The Lilly Endowment.
Listing of Christian Educators
Discover the life and work of over 200 prominent Christian educators from the Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant traditions.
Resources for Writers and Reviewers
Apply to serve as a reviewer or write on an approved educator and find resources to help you in your work.
The following people have served as members of the editorial board.
- Warren Benson, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and The Southern Baptist Seminary, now deceased
- Harold Burgess, Asbury Theological Seminary (emeritus), Wilmore, KY, now deceased
- Cheryl Fawcett, Association of Baptists for World Evangelization, El Cajon, CA
- Kevin Lawson, Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, La Mirada, CA (project director)
- Robert O'Gorman, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- Mary Elizabeth Moore, Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Lucinda Nolan, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
- Robert Pazmiño, Andover Newton Theological Seminary, Newton Centre, MA
- Ronnie Prevost, Logsdon School of Theology, Hardin Simmons University, Abilene, TX
- Jack Seymour, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Evanston, IL
- Yolanda Smith, Yale Divinity School, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Eileen Starr, Alaska Bible College, Anchorage, AK
- Fayette Veverka, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- D. Campbell Wyckoff, Princeton Seminary, now deceased
Kevin E. Lawson
Talbot School of Theology
13800 Biola Avenue
La Mirada, CA 90639
All materials on the "Christian Educators of the 20th Century" are copyrighted and the property of Talbot School of Theology. All persons are permitted to print out copies of the database materials for private use in research and higher education instructional activities only. No materials may be published in paper, audio, or electronic form for distribution or sale to others without prior written permission. Contact the project director with any requests.
We wish to acknowledge and thank the following groups for their contributions to the development of this web-based database on Christian Educators of the 20th Century:
- The Lilly Endowment, Religion Division, for funding to enable the editorial board to develop this database and for the encouragement of their staff in the process, especially from Craig Dykstra.
- Biola University for hosting the database on its servers and providing the technical support to develop and maintain the website.
- Religious Education Association and the Society of Professors in Christian Education for helping promote the use of this website.