Great filmmakers are only made through constant and consistent practice, which is why we maintain production equipment and post-production facilities with the philosophy of continuous and ample access. The Studio Facilities are available 24 hours a day, and unlike many film schools, students have access to most equipment on day one.
The Studio Facilities run like a small studio where students determine the necessary tools for projects and make arrangements to use sound stages; camera, lighting and audio gear; and reserve editing stations. Industry-standard tools are purchased and upgraded annually. Strong relationships are maintained with local vendors and alumni network to provide additional support for anything beyond our inventory.
There are countless portfolios and reels produced and film festival awards that have been earned as a result of access to the Studio Facilities, and they help bring professional recognition to students and provide vital résumé material for future employment.
- Studio A: 1,810-square-foot soundstage capable of holding larger sets
- Studio B: 1052-square-foot soundstage with green screen and multi-camera capability
- Surround sound mixing room with a sound cart featuring Sound devices 888 and Lectrosonic wireless microphones
- Nine editing bays
- Control room/screening room: 4K monitor display with stadium-style seating
- $4 million worth of state-of-the-art equipment
- New camera inventory including the Mini Alexa LF camera system, Red cameras (Weapon, Epic), Sony cameras, Canon cameras, SteadyCam Zephr, Angenieux lenses, Zies lenses, and more!
- Anechoic recording room for voice over booth, Foley, ADR and other audio needs
- 38-seat screening room adjacent to the Studio Facilities with Christie projector and 7.1 surround sound
- Arri skypanels and Arri L10c spotlights
See the Studio Facilities in Person!
We’d love to give you a tour. Schedule a visit with Biola’s admissions office to experience the Studio Facilities in person.
Studio Facilities Information
Production Center Manager
Media Equipment Technician
Supervisor of Technical Operations
24 Hours a day
Regular Office Hours
Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–4 p.m.