Great filmmakers are only made through constant and consistent practice, which is why we maintain production equipment and post-production facilities with the philosophy of continuous and ample access. The Studio Facilities is available 24 hours a day, and unlike many film schools, students have access to most equipment on day one.
The Studio Facilities runs like a small studio where students determine the necessary tools for projects and make arrangements to use sound stages and camera, lighting and audio gear, rent grip trucks and reserve editing stations. Industry-standard tools are purchased and upgraded annually. Strong relationships are maintained with local vendors, our Studio Task Force and alumni network to provide additional support for anything beyond our inventory.
There are countless portfolios, reels and film festival awards that have been produced as a result of access to the Studio Facilities, and they help bring professional recognition to students and provide vital résumé material for future employment.
- Studio A: 1,810-square-foot soundstage capable of holding larger sets
- Studio B: 1052-square-foot soundstage with green screen and multi-camera capability
- Nine editing bays
- Surround sound mixing room
- Control room/screening room: 4K monitor display with stadium-style seating
- Close to $3 million worth of state-of-the-art equipment
- Convergent journalism newsroom
- Stereo mixing room
- Anechoic recording room for voice over, Foley, ADR and other audio needs
- Two 3-ton grip trucks (one completely loaded with grip and electric gear)
- 38-seat screening room adjacent to the Studio Facilities with Christie projector and 7.1 surround sound