A practice in contemporary illustration
Illustration is a competitive, growing field with endless career opportunities. By pursuing your illustration studies within the context of our robust B.F.A. in Art program, you’ll be taught to think and speak well — qualities that will carry you in your work with clients and corporations for years to come.
Your illustration degree will teach you to craft a concept and visualize it effectively. You won’t just be making things that are based on trends that come and go — you’ll grow to become an illustrator that understands how their work fits in the larger cultural and fine arts context.
Bardwell Hall Highlights
The newly renovated and reimagined Bardwell Hall, opened in fall 2021, is the ideal place for you to imagine, create and critique your work. Here are some highlights of spaces designed specifically for our students:
- Computer Labs – Create projects with various technical applications
- Design Workroom – Print work with screen printing, 2D/3D printing and Risograph printing
- Interdisciplinary Studio – Integrate digital and analog methodologies
- Photo Lighting Studio – Document portfolios of produced works
- New Media Studio – Explore new media tools for art-making
- Student Gallery – Display individual and group projects, as well as exhibitions