A multidisciplinary approach to design
Graphic design is used to create meaningful visual responses to complex ideas, systems and contexts. In our design concentration, you will be encouraged to challenge norms and bring analytical thought to your everyday design practice.
Our program focuses on nurturing you through a multidisciplinary design approach, engaging various traditional and experimental methodologies and technologies. We remain grounded in the foundations of the fine arts experience as we challenge you to engage with the complexities of technology, culture, audience and making meaning of your surroundings.
Bardwell Hall Highlights
The newly renovated and reimagined Bardwell Hall, set to open in fall 2021, will be the ideal place for you to imagine, create and critique your work. Here are some highlights of spaces designed specifically for our students:
- Computer Labs – Create projects with various technical applications
- Design Workroom – Print work with screen printing, 2D/3D printing and Risograph printing
- Interdisciplinary Studio – Integrate digital and analog methodologies
- Photo Lighting Studio – Document portfolios of produced works
- New Media Studio – Explore new media tools for design
- Student Gallery – Display individual and group projects, as well as exhibitions
- Rooftop Terrace & Outdoor Art Yard – Exhibit artwork