COVID-19 Career Resources
On This Page
- Virtual Events
- Career Education
- What Companies are Still Hiring?
- Digital Courses to Build Skills
- Online Certifications
As the market has changed, so have opportunities. You might be asking what you can do during this time. Though unemployment rates have increased, many employers are still looking to hire, including these 500 companies currently hiring students. For additional help on navigating the job market during COVID-19, take a look at the following resources.
- BiolaHub — New networking platform to find alumni and networking and receive mentorship
- Big Interview — Learn and practice virtual interview strategies
- Career Explorer — Discover potential career options
- Handshake — Search for jobs and connect with employers
- Online Career Toolkit — Prepare for networking, interviewing and marketing yourself
- Schedule a virtual appointment with the Career Center
Looking to hear from companies and professionals? Check out these free virtual events.
Biola Hosted Webinar
- Alumni Life Hacks: Networking from a Distance Webinar. Biola alumni discuss how to network effectively in a webinar hosted by Alumni Relations on June 15, 2020. Watch the webinar to learn more.
- Tips with Chip Recruiting During COVID-19. On April 16, Senior Recruiter at Innocean USA Chip Peck shared what students can do during this time. Watch the webinar to learn more.
- Download Webinar Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Connect with the webinar guests:
Learn about career fields, how to look for jobs during this time, or how to make meaningful connections with employers.
Explore Career Paths
- 80,000 Hours - A non-profit highlighting the worlds biggest problems and what careers can address them
- CareerExplorer - Career Assessment to connect you with over 800 career fields
- Roadtrip Nation - Archive of informational interviews with professionals
- Searching for Jobs and Internships During COVID-19
- COVID-19 May Have Halted Your Internship Plans, Here’s What to do Instead
- Additional remote hiring resources
View advice from employers on networking:
What is Networking (02:03 min)
How to Network (04:32 min)
What Companies are Still Hiring?
Though the job market has changed, there are a number of companies still hiring!
- 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now
- Facebook groups for remote work - Examples (Female Digital Nomads, Digital Nomad Jobs, Remote Jobs)
- Is My Internship Cancelled?
- Linkedin: Who’s Hiring Right Now
- National Association of Colleges & Employers - Hiring Poll
- Parker Dewey - Micro Internship job Board
- TheMuse: 56 Companies Still Hiring
- Wonsulting Community Job Board (specifically for students)
Digital Courses to Build Skills
Take this time to build skills you need for industries of interest. Please note that only some of these websites are free. Others are premium services, and some have student discounts.
- Adobe Cloud - Illustrator, Photoshop Premiere, and other applications (Discounted for students)
- Alison - Free online courses with certificates
- BitDegree - Courses for digital careers
- [Code]cademy - Learn to code for free
- Classes that universities are offering
- Coursera - Build skills with courses from top universities
- DigitalMarketer - Marketing tools and training
- EDX - Free courses by Harvard, MIT and more
- GreyAtom - Data science courses
- LinkedinLearning: Free access using your biola email address
- Microsoft Office Training
- Moz Academy - SEO courses (free through May 31)
- Shaw Academy - Webinars, courses, certifications
- SkillShare - Creative skill courses
- Udacity - Learn the latest tech skills