Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration at the Crowell School of Business — offered fully online, on campus or in a blend of both formats — is a 36-credit program for Christians called to pursue business as ministry. As an MBA student, you will join other kingdom-minded entrepreneurs and develop the skills, relationships and advanced knowledge you need to be an effective leader and servant of Christ in the world of business.
MBA students will work with experienced faculty who have first-hand knowledge of business today and are committed to creative vision, innovative problem solving and the highest ethical standards. The program utilizes business cases and group discussions to skillfully apply biblical principles to complex business problems and scenarios.
The MBA program’s entrepreneurial focus and Mentor Program will equip you to impact and transform today’s marketplace. Crowell is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Why Pursue an MBA at the Crowell School of Business?
The MBA program at Crowell prepares followers of Jesus Christ to be successful business leaders in the marketplace. Here are several advantages to pursuing your MBA at Crowell:
- A Movement of Kingdom-Minded Entrepreneurs. Crowell is invested in catalyzing Christian entrepreneurs with a kingdom-minded approach to business. You will not only learn how to start and lead businesses but also how to effectively utilize God-given resources in any organization to foster innovation, change and creativity. Join other Crowell students who envision business as a means to promote the common good and honor Christ through hard work, ethics and service to others.
- Biblical Integration to Develop Your Biblical Values in Business. Biola believes the Bible has much to teach about all aspects of business, so every class you take integrates scriptural principles and will develop your Christian worldview. MBA students will also take specific courses on ethics and theology to effectively articulate biblical values in discussions about workplace ethics. More than 15 percent of MBA courses qualify as Bible courses and are taught or co-taught by faculty from Biola’s Talbot School of Theology, one of the nation’s leading seminaries.
- A Class Schedule Fit for Working Professionals. Whether you’re a working professional or a full-time student, our flex MBA program conveniently allows you to customize and attend part-time (1 night per week) or full-time (1-2 nights per week). Our MBA hybrid class format gives you the ability to attend classes in person one night per week, and also complete assignments and participate in discussions online. This hybrid format combines the best of in-person and online teaching practices, making a high-quality, accredited graduate business education possible for busy, working adults. Students studying in our year-round trimester program complete degrees in as little as 16 months.
- Crowell’s Mentor Program. As an MBA student, you will be paired with a successful Christian businessperson who will provide you with personal, one-on-one mentoring and executive coaching throughout the program. Our mentors are committed and growing Christians who believe in “business as ministry.”
- A Networking Community of Christ-Followers. Unlike most other MBA programs, Crowell’s community will expand your network with other Christian men and women in business. Sharing the same faith in Jesus Christ as fellow students and professors provides opportunities to discuss how a calling to business is a ministry to God.
What Will I Study?
The MBA program consists of prerequisite coursework (for those without a bachelor’s degree in business), a common core of graduate courses, a theology course, an integrative business ethics course and participation in the Mentor Program. Core graduate course topics include:
- Group dynamics
- Organizational financial policy
- Advanced financial management and control
- Marketing strategy
- Business intelligence and data analytics
- Biblical management and ethics
- Business as mission
- Leadership, change and innovation
- Strategic management
I chose Biola University for my MBA because I wanted to leverage my Christian faith into my business education. Biola integrates biblical principles into every course, from finance to marketing, and I’ve already been able to use what I’ve learned in the classroom to make a difference at my company.
I chose Biola University for my MBA because the flexible one-night-a-week schedule allows me to continue working at my current job while going to school. My boss has complimented me on how I’ve implemented knowledge learned in class here at work. I’m also able to integrate real scenarios from my company into classroom discussions.
I chose Biola University for my MBA because the unique, one-on-one mentor program benefited me while I worked on my degree, and today, in my career. My mentor has significant expertise in his career field, and he has helped me to build character traits and business knowledge that are essential to my success.
I chose Biola University for my MBA because it allowed me to attend just one evening each week. I still had time to live my life while I furthered my education. The convenient schedule allowed me to balance my commitment to my family with my goal of earning a quality degree, all while allowing me to continue working at my current job.
With an MBA, you will increase your opportunities for career advancement and a more competitive salary. An MBA from the Crowell School of Business will also prepare you to be an effective servant leader in diverse fields, including law, accounting, international business, finance and marketing. Career options include professions such as:
- Chief technology officer
- Financial advisor
- Business analyst
- City manager
- Corporate auditor
- Marketing manager
Where Are Alumni Working Now?
Crowell's MBA program produces graduates who are prepared to go into the workforce in a variety of industries. Our alumni work at companies such as:
- AIP Aerospace
- Bank of America
- Beckman Coulter
- Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
- Farmers Insurance
- HP Inc.
- Kaiser Permanente
- Progressive Insurance
- Sam's Club
- Verizon Wireless
- Wells Fargo