Christa Harmotto Dietzen
Christa Harmotto Dietzen is London 2012 Olympic Silver Medalist, FIVB World Champion and is a current captain of US Women's National Indoor Volleyball Team.
Dietzen was selected to join the U.S. National team roster in May 2009, and has been an key player in all domestic and international competitions. Before joining Team USA, Christa lead Penn State University to two back to back NCAA Championships.
Here are her most notable athletic achievements according to USA Volleyball
- Captain of the gold-medal winning 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix team and named Second Best Middle Blocker of the Final Round that included seven blockers vs. Brazil on July 25
- Captain of the gold-medal winning 2014 FIVB World Championship team, returning after missing most of the 2014 season to produce 3.00 points per set with a .511 hitting efficiency while starting eight of 13 matches
- 2012 Olympic Games silver medalist, starting all eight matches with a 1.73 points per set average while converting 51.6 percent of attacks
- Helped U.S. Women to gold medal finishes at the 2011 and 2012 FIVB World Grand Prix
- Led Penn State to consecutive NCAA Division Women's Volleyball Championship titles in 2007 and 2008