Master of Science in Curriculum, Instruction and Publication
Are you called to broaden your impact on students through educational publishing? Biola’s Master of Science in Curriculum, Instruction and Publication program — available fully online or through a combination of online and on-campus courses — is designed to equip you with the advanced knowledge and practical training that you need to successfully develop and publish textbooks, curricula and grants that impact student learning.
Throughout this program, you’ll learn to use assessment, classroom management and other techniques to strengthen instruction and reduce achievement gaps. You’ll also learn how to write query letters, book proposals and research grants, and have the opportunity to work with in-house textbook editors and graphic artists as you complete your curriculum practicum.
Yes! Tell Me More!
Why Pursue a Master of Science in Curriculum, Instruction and Publication?
- Develop teaching methods and concepts through a biblical lens. The School of Education’s all-Christian faculty will encourage you to fulfill your calling as a Christian educator. Biblical integration in course content and assignments will challenge you to wrestle through how curriculum development and textbook publishing are informed by a Christian worldview.
- Publish with your professors. During your initial semester, you will be assigned to a faculty-led research team that will remain together throughout your entire program. Collaboration among this team will potentially lead to published articles in peer-reviewed journals and scholarly presentations at professional conferences.
- Gain experience in curriculum writing and publishing. In addition to collaborating with professors and peers on faculty-led research teams throughout your program, you will gain real-world publishing experience in your practicum where you will work in a publishing house. The exposure and experience you will gain in research and publishing will prepare you well for career opportunities in publishing and for further doctoral studies.
- Continue working as you complete your degree fully online. Complete this degree in a flexible, hybrid format or fully online from anywhere in the world.
Explore different ways you can deepen your education by viewing our Learning Opportunities page.
What Will I Study?
As a student in this flexible, 40-credit program, you’ll take courses on subjects like:
- Grant writing and book proposals
- Creation of engaging curricula using human development and learning theories
- Current issues in education and education policy
- Development and preparation of textbooks for publication
- School leadership
- Biblical pedagogy
- Experimental design
- Impact of culture on learning