Win the Ultimate
Apply for free by Dec. 1 for the chance to receive a full-tuition scholarship or Disneyland passes for you and a friend!
Terms and Conditions
December 1, 2021 Application Deadline Giveaway Promotion
Traditional Undergraduate Students
I. Eligibility and Limitations
- To be eligible to win the four-year full-tuition scholarship or Believe Key Pass prize, the recipient must submit an application to Biola University by December 1, 2021, for enrollment in the Fall 2022 semester as a traditional undergraduate student. Fully online undergraduate degree programs are not eligible for the scholarship or passes.
- The scholarship recipient and Believe Key Pass recipient(s) must complete the enrollment process and attend Biola University as an undergraduate student in the Fall 2022 semester to be eligible for the prizes.
- Biola employees and their family members are not eligible for the scholarship.
A. Four-Year Scholarship Prize
- One (1) winner will receive a four-year full-tuition scholarship to Biola.
- The scholarship is only applicable to tuition charged by Biola University. It does not apply to books, room and board, transportation or other expenses.
- The scholarship is limited to four years/eight semesters of enrollment even if the student is in a program requiring more than eight semesters. Full-time enrollment is not required for scholarship eligibility, but an individual must typically be enrolled full-time to graduate within four years.
- The scholarship may be used for summer courses, including the summer after a student’s eighth semester.
- The recipient may take up to two semesters off without forfeiting scholarship eligibility. Otherwise, the student must remain continuously enrolled. Eligibility for the scholarship will terminate if a recipient withdraws for a third semester for any reason, including illness or academic probation.
- The scholarship recipient is not eligible for discretionary institutional aid including restricted scholarship funds.
- Other institutional aid or any external tuition specific aid such as Cal Grant, etc., will reduce the amount of the scholarship.
- Per VA rules, the scholarship will reduce VA tuition-specific benefits.
- The recipient must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards to maintain eligibility for the scholarship. The recipient must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA to maintain eligibility.
- The cumulation of other tuition-specific funds in conjunction with this tuition-specific scholarship cannot exceed total tuition for the year.
- Other Biola aid may be reduced if institutional charges for room, board, and course fees are less than Biola aid. Most types of Biola aid cannot be used to cover book charges, parking fines, insurance, etc.
- Tuition-specific funds can only cover tuition charges. There are some types of aid that can be applied to cost of attendance as a whole, but tuition-specific funds can only apply to tuition, up to the maximum of tuition charges.
- The scholarship must be coordinated with other state and federal financial aid and may impact eligibility based on their rules.
- The scholarship is applicable for only one degree from Biola. If a student completes her/his degree in fewer than four years, "unused" dollars cannot be used for additional courses.
- The scholarship is not transferable.
- The scholarship is only applicable to first-time freshmen and transfer "traditional" undergraduate enrollment and courses required to complete a traditional undergraduate degree.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition cost for additional credits over 18 during an otherwise eligible semester.
- The scholarship cannot be used to cover the cost of study abroad programs including Biola-led programs.
B. Believe Key Passes Prize
- Three (3) winners will each receive two (2) Disney Believe Magic Key Pass prizes.
- The Disney Believe Magic Key Pass prize will be awarded as a Disney gift card in the amount equivalent to the Disney Believe Magic Key Pass as of July 1, 2022 (approx. $949.00 each).
- By accepting the gift card, the recipient must certify that the prize is a taxable and reportable item and that the recipient may be subject to tax reporting/tax withholding, which may include any of the following: a Form 1099-MISC or Form W-2 issued by Biola University detailing the fair market value of the gift/award/prize. If required, the university will report the fair market value of the gift/award/prize to the Internal Revenue Service and to the State of California Franchise Tax Board.
- Each of the three (3) prize recipients will be required to complete and return a W-9/W-8BEN and a gift/award/prize tax acknowledgement form in order to receive the prize.
III. Winner Selection and Notification
- One (1) four-year scholarship winner will be selected at random on or about January 20, 2022, from all valid applicants.
- Three (3) Disney Believe Key Pass prize winners will be selected at random on or about January 20, 2022, from all valid applicants.
- Winners will be notified by phone and/or email on or about February 1, 2022, 10:30 a.m. PST.
- The Believe Key Pass prizes will be presented to the winner(s) during Opening Weekend at the beginning of the Fall 2022 semester.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible applications received.
- Final determination of winner is conditional on verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions.
- This Giveaway Promotion is paid for and sponsored solely by Biola University and is not endorsed or affiliated with Disneyland or Walt Disney Company in any respect.